Tito Jackson Backs Out of Siblings' Complaint Letter, Family Altercation Caught on Camera
Tito Jackson no longer supports his siblings in their effort to overthrow Michael Jackson's estate lawyers. "I completely retract my signature from the July 17th letter sent to the Executors of my brother Michael's estate and repudiate all the claims made against them," he tells TMZ. "I don't want any part of that letter whatsoever."
Tito previously put his signature on the complaint letter along with Janet Jackson, Jermaine Jackson, Randy Jackson and Rebbie Jackson. Together, they questioned the authenticity of the late King of Pop's will and accused the lawyers of manipulating their 82-year-old mother Katherine and causing her "a mini-stroke."
The dispute got worse when Katherine was reported missing. Jermaine then clarified that the Jackson matriarch was fine and resting in Arizona with Rebbie due to health issue. While she was away, her family members were involved in a "physical altercation" on Monday, July 23 when Janet, Randy and Jermaine visited the house where MJ's children currently live.
"Yesterday we did go to the home to let Paris and Prince know they can visit with or talk to their grandma at any time. Because we felt that someone was trying to twist the story and make it feel as though we were the problem denying them access to their grandma. When we got to the home we were kind of denied access to our own home by security," Randy said when visiting MSNBC's "Politics Nation".
The children allegedly refused to go, and Tito Jackson Jr. who lives with them in the house was said defending the kids and being involved in the "physical altercation" with one of his uncles. A surveillance video which showed the confrontation among the family members in the driveway of the house was later shown on "Good Morning America".
In a statement to "Nightline", Katherine's lawyer Sandra L. Ribera said, "We don't know where she is." The attorney added, "We know that she is in Arizona, allegedly, but we don't know where because law enforcement won't give us the address, because it is an ongoing investigation."
In the absence of Katherine, Tito's 34-year-old son is drafting a legal document to seek a temporary guardianship of Paris, Prince and Blanket. According to TMZ, the estate approves his move and offers a full support. "I know it's completely unfair for them to do this to you and your brothers. We will keep trying. I love you," the younger Tito recently tweeted to his cousin Paris.
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'