98 Degrees Announce Their First Reunion Gigs
Boyband 98 Degrees just announced that they would perform on "Today" show as part of its summer concert series. Set for August 17, the gig marks the first performance for Nick Lachey, his brother Drew Lachey, Jeff Timmons, and Justin Jeffre as a group in ten years.
"In the ten years since our last performance as 98 Degrees we've each achieved personal success and grown as individuals, while remaining a close-knit family. With so much to celebrate, this reunion is going to be one big party, so whether you tune in to the 'Today' show or join us at the MixTape Festival, everyones invited," they said in a statement made on Tuesday, July 24.
The members are also reportedly in the studio making music. They have not unleashed any new materials since 2000, the year they released their third and last album "Revelation".
A day after the TV appearance, on August 18, they will be at the MixTape Festival in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The festival will also feature Kelly Clarkson, LL Cool J, The Fray, New Kids On The Block and Backstreet Boys.
98 Degrees shot to fame in the 90's with such hits as "Because of You", "I Do" and "The Hardest Thing". Their album "98 Degrees and Rising" went quadruple-platinum in 1998. Since the hiatus, each member pursued solo projects.
Nick released two solo albums 2003's "SoulO" and 2006's "What's Left of Me", and appeared on a reality show "Newlyweds: Nick and Jessica" with then-wife Jessica Simpson. Drew appeared on Broadway and became a contestant on "Dancing with the Stars". Jeff released a solo album in 2004 titled "Whisper That Way". Justin ran for mayor in Cincinnati in 2005 and took part in an Occupy Cincinnati protest in 2011.
- Kanye West Surprises Kim Kardashian With Huge Flower Bouquets Again for Wedding Anniversary
- Peek-a-Boob! Pamela Anderson Flaunts Famous Cleavage in Slashed Gown in Monaco
- Ben Stiller and Christine Taylor Announce Split After 17 Years of Marriage
- Ariana Grande Shares Emotional Letter, Announces Manchester Benefit Concert: 'We Won't Let Hate Win'
- 'Paddington 2' Gets a January 2018 Release Date
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?