Laurence Fishburne May Tackle Pivotal Role on 'Hannibal'
After signing out from "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", Laurence Fishburne is apparently not completely leaving the small screen. The Tony Award winner is said to be currently in talks to join NBC's "Hannibal".
According to TVLine, the Noland depicter in "Predators" will be seen tackling a pivotal role of Jack Crawford, who is the Agent-in-Charge of the Behavioral Science Unit of the FBI in Quantico, Virginia. The Peacock, however, remains mum on the possible casting of Fishburne.
Crawford has been previously played by three different actors in the big-screen adaptations of Thomas Harris' novel. Dennis Farina played the character in 1986's "Manhunter", Scott Glenn tackled the role in 1991's "Silence of the Lambs", and Harvey Keitel took over the role in 2002's "Red Dragon".
"Hannibal" is based on characters in Harris' novel "Red Dragon" and will focus on the early relationship between FBI agent Will Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter. Mads Mikkelsen has been cast in the titular role, with Hugh Dancy tapped to portray Graham. Bryan Fuller and Martha De Laurentiis executive produce the show, which is expected to debut in midseason.
Fishburne exited "CSI" in 2011 after appearing as a series regular in three seasons. In the same year, he got an Emmy nomination for Outstanding Actor in a Mini-Series or Television Special through his role on "Thurgood". The 50-year-old actor will next be seen in 2013's superhero movie "Man of Steel".
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly
- Beyonce Writes a Song About Her Newborn Twins, Plans to Release New Album Before Coachella 2018
- Gillian Anderson Goes Makeup-Free and Ditches Bra During Her Stay in Italy