'Castle' Taps 'Heroes' Alum as Beckett's New Antagonist
It seems that the tension is going to be high in "Castle" season 5, which will air every Monday at 10 P.M. on ABC starting this fall. TVLine learns that the show will feature a new antagonist for the beloved detective Kate Beckett and he will be portrayed by Jack Coleman, who is best known for playing the father of Hayden Panettiere's Claire Bennet on "Heroes".
To the site, series creator Andrew Marlowe describes the character as a "well-liked U.S. senator who finds himself in conflict with Beckett." While further details of Coleman's alter ego are yet to be available, it is likely that he has something to do with the murder of Beckett's mother since previous report suggested that one of the two suspects in the case was a senator.
Coleman gained attention when he replaced Al Corley in the role of Steven Carrington on 1980s primetime soap opera "Dynasty". He landed a regular role on short-lived series "Nightmare Cafe", and has guest starred on a number of shows like "CSI: Miami", "Nip/Tuck", "The Vampire Diaries" and "Criminal Minds".
More Castle News
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment
- Alexis Bledel Returns for 'The Handmaid's Tale' Season 2 as Series Regular
- Cheryl Signs Up for Private Boxing Sessions in an Attempt to Get Back Into Shape After Giving Birth
- Jake Gyllenhaal Loses His Legs in Boston Marathon Bombing in Intense Trailer for 'Stronger'
- 50 Cent Has the Hots for Helen Mirren Despite 30-Year Age Gap: 'She Turns Me On'
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sparks Plastic Surgery Speculations
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters