Heath Ledger's Father Appalled by Colorado Shooting: We Can't Blame The Joker
Heath Ledger's father has responded to rumor that James Holmes, who killed 12 moviegoers and injured more than 50 others in a Colorado theater, called himself The Joker after he was arrested by Police. "We can't blame Heath or the character," Kim Ledger told Herald Sun.
"It's (The Joker) fictitious. I don't know what this does to the character," he continued sharing his thoughts about the character played by his late son. "I think that's the least of my worries. I'd be more worried about the families and other people involved in the tragedy rather than anything else.''
Talking about the tragedy, Kim said, "It's terrible - the whole circumstances. It's diabolical. I am appalled. The guy's obviously a nut case. He has obviously lost it. I think what America should be doing is restricting the availability of ammunition or revisiting their gun laws - that's what they should be doing.''
James reportedly dyed his hair red when he was arrested. Wearing a body armor and a gas mask, he fired into the crowd watching "The Dark Knight Rises" inside the Century 16 Theater at the Aurora Town Center Mall with an AR-15, a Remington 870 shotgun and a .40-caliber glock handgun.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival