Heath Ledger's Father Appalled by Colorado Shooting: We Can't Blame The Joker
Heath Ledger's father has responded to rumor that James Holmes, who killed 12 moviegoers and injured more than 50 others in a Colorado theater, called himself The Joker after he was arrested by Police. "We can't blame Heath or the character," Kim Ledger told Herald Sun.
"It's (The Joker) fictitious. I don't know what this does to the character," he continued sharing his thoughts about the character played by his late son. "I think that's the least of my worries. I'd be more worried about the families and other people involved in the tragedy rather than anything else.''
Talking about the tragedy, Kim said, "It's terrible - the whole circumstances. It's diabolical. I am appalled. The guy's obviously a nut case. He has obviously lost it. I think what America should be doing is restricting the availability of ammunition or revisiting their gun laws - that's what they should be doing.''
James reportedly dyed his hair red when he was arrested. Wearing a body armor and a gas mask, he fired into the crowd watching "The Dark Knight Rises" inside the Century 16 Theater at the Aurora Town Center Mall with an AR-15, a Remington 870 shotgun and a .40-caliber glock handgun.
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'