Heath Ledger's Father Appalled by Colorado Shooting: We Can't Blame The Joker
Heath Ledger's father has responded to rumor that James Holmes, who killed 12 moviegoers and injured more than 50 others in a Colorado theater, called himself The Joker after he was arrested by Police. "We can't blame Heath or the character," Kim Ledger told Herald Sun.
"It's (The Joker) fictitious. I don't know what this does to the character," he continued sharing his thoughts about the character played by his late son. "I think that's the least of my worries. I'd be more worried about the families and other people involved in the tragedy rather than anything else.''
Talking about the tragedy, Kim said, "It's terrible - the whole circumstances. It's diabolical. I am appalled. The guy's obviously a nut case. He has obviously lost it. I think what America should be doing is restricting the availability of ammunition or revisiting their gun laws - that's what they should be doing.''
James reportedly dyed his hair red when he was arrested. Wearing a body armor and a gas mask, he fired into the crowd watching "The Dark Knight Rises" inside the Century 16 Theater at the Aurora Town Center Mall with an AR-15, a Remington 870 shotgun and a .40-caliber glock handgun.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?