Heath Ledger's Father Appalled by Colorado Shooting: We Can't Blame The Joker
Heath Ledger's father has responded to rumor that James Holmes, who killed 12 moviegoers and injured more than 50 others in a Colorado theater, called himself The Joker after he was arrested by Police. "We can't blame Heath or the character," Kim Ledger told Herald Sun.
"It's (The Joker) fictitious. I don't know what this does to the character," he continued sharing his thoughts about the character played by his late son. "I think that's the least of my worries. I'd be more worried about the families and other people involved in the tragedy rather than anything else.''
Talking about the tragedy, Kim said, "It's terrible - the whole circumstances. It's diabolical. I am appalled. The guy's obviously a nut case. He has obviously lost it. I think what America should be doing is restricting the availability of ammunition or revisiting their gun laws - that's what they should be doing.''
James reportedly dyed his hair red when he was arrested. Wearing a body armor and a gas mask, he fired into the crowd watching "The Dark Knight Rises" inside the Century 16 Theater at the Aurora Town Center Mall with an AR-15, a Remington 870 shotgun and a .40-caliber glock handgun.
- Amy Poehler and Seth Meyers Revive 'SNL' 'Really?!' Segment to Mock Pro-Trump Protesters
- Halsey Slams Quavo, Calls Iggy Azalea a 'F**king Moron'
- Choa Announces She's Leaving AOA, Insists It's Not Because She's Pregnant
- Will Jared Leto Reprise The Joker Role for Harley Quinn Spin-Off?
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Posts Lowest Opening in the Franchise
- Ashton Kutcher Claims He Had Hooking Up Agreement With Mila Kunis
- Free the Nipple! Stella Maxwell Goes Braless in Racy Mesh Top
- DeMario Jackson Not Returning to 'Bachelor in Paradise' After Scandal. What About Corinne Olympios?