Heath Ledger's Father Appalled by Colorado Shooting: We Can't Blame The Joker
Heath Ledger's father has responded to rumor that James Holmes, who killed 12 moviegoers and injured more than 50 others in a Colorado theater, called himself The Joker after he was arrested by Police. "We can't blame Heath or the character," Kim Ledger told Herald Sun.
"It's (The Joker) fictitious. I don't know what this does to the character," he continued sharing his thoughts about the character played by his late son. "I think that's the least of my worries. I'd be more worried about the families and other people involved in the tragedy rather than anything else.''
Talking about the tragedy, Kim said, "It's terrible - the whole circumstances. It's diabolical. I am appalled. The guy's obviously a nut case. He has obviously lost it. I think what America should be doing is restricting the availability of ammunition or revisiting their gun laws - that's what they should be doing.''
James reportedly dyed his hair red when he was arrested. Wearing a body armor and a gas mask, he fired into the crowd watching "The Dark Knight Rises" inside the Century 16 Theater at the Aurora Town Center Mall with an AR-15, a Remington 870 shotgun and a .40-caliber glock handgun.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour