First Posters for 'Life of Pi' and 'The Canyons'
Two much-talked-about upcoming movies, "Life of Pi" and "The Canyons", have unveiled each of their very first poster. The Ang Lee-directed fantasy movie unveils its first one-sheet, which features its lead caharacter Pi Patel standing tall on a boat along with a gigantic Bengal tiger that flashes out its sharp pointed teeth.
The Paul Schrader-directed sexual thriller, meanwhile, offers an artistic poster that captures a panorama of Los Angeles. Designed like a piece of crumpled paper, the one-sheet also has a tagline that reads, "IT'S NOT THE HILLS."
Starring Suraj Sharma and Tobey Maguire, "Life of Pi" centers on the titular character who is the precocious son of a zookeeper. Dwellers in Pondicherry, India, the family decides to move to Canada, hitching a ride on a huge freighter.
After a shipwreck, Pi is found adrift in the Pacific Ocean on a 26-foot lifeboat with a zebra, a hyena, an orangutan and a 450-pound Bengal tiger named Richard Parker, all fighting for survival. Marking the first 3D creation of director Lee, the film will make its way out onto the U.S. theaters on November 21.
On the other hand, "The Canyons" is described as a "contemporary thriller" which "documents five twenty-somethings' quest for power, love, sex and success in 2012 Hollywood." It stars Lindsay Lohan as Tara, a girl "who sold her pride for the material comforts Christian (James Deen) can provide." The Bret Easton Ellis-written indie pic still hasn't got a release date.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3