'True Blood' 5.08 Preview: Vampire Authority Takes a New Direction
When "True Blood" returns with a new episode next week, the Authority celebrates the entirely new direction it has chosen to take. After getting high on Lilith's blood, Eric says he's had enough fun for the night and Nora believes they're on the right path. Later on, Eric gets a message from Godric as Bill is shaken by a distant memory and talks something about evolving.
Meanwhile, helped by Claude (Giles Matthey) and his sisters, Sookie and Jason visit the site of their parents' deaths with shocking results. Additionally, Sookie gets emotional as she tells Jason that she's tired of hearing voices and being chased by vampires.
Elsewhere, Lafayette uses his ability to lead a seance and purge a curse which derails the relationship between Terry and Arlene. Luna gets stuck on Sam, Hoyt's new pals bring him a present, and J.D. ups the stakes of his fight with Alcide.
"Somebody That I Used to Know" will air Sunday, July 29 at 9/8c on HBO. Series regular Stephen Moyer directed the episode and claimed it would feature all scenes that fans could expect on the show. "Everything you can have on our show, I had in spades," he gushed.
Talking about his experience working behind the lens, the real-life husband of Anna Paquin shared, "It was a lot of fun to sit down with each actor, explain what I was trying to do and find the best way to achieve it together." He added, "We were giggling a lot. There was a lot of, 'God, this director's a nightmare.' "
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences