Christian Bale on Colorado Shooting: 'Words Cannot Express the Horror'
"The Dark Knight Rises" star Christian Bale has released a statement on the Aurora, Colorado shooting. A gunman opened fire during a midnight screening of the movie on Friday, July 20, killing 12 and injuring at least 38 moviegoers.
"Words cannot express the horror that I feel," Bale said. "I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them." The actor and his co-stars were forced to return home when the red carpet premiere of the movie in Paris, France was canceled following the incident.
Director Christopher Nolan also expressed his thoughts on the shooting. "Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of 'The Dark Knight Rises', I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community," he said. "I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie."
"I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime," Nolan continued. "The movie theater is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."
More Christian Bale News
- Calvin Harris Cancels More Las Vegas Shows After Car Accident
- Jake Gyllenhaal Helps Amy Schumer Spoof 'Catfish' and the Victim Becomes Obscure
- Lionsgate Is Planning to Make Seven More 'Power Rangers' Movies
- Kylie Jenner and PARTYNEXTDOOR Go Bowling Together
- Troy Ave's Arrested After Video of Him Firing Gun at T.I.'s Concert Surfaces
- Gucci Mane Records New Mixtape Just Hours After Released From Prison
- New Trailer for Cameron Crowe's 'Roadies' Promises Nudity and a Lot of Drama
- Here's What Chris Evans Says of Captain America's Hydra Plot Twist