Christian Bale on Colorado Shooting: 'Words Cannot Express the Horror'
"The Dark Knight Rises" star Christian Bale has released a statement on the Aurora, Colorado shooting. A gunman opened fire during a midnight screening of the movie on Friday, July 20, killing 12 and injuring at least 38 moviegoers.
"Words cannot express the horror that I feel," Bale said. "I cannot begin to truly understand the pain and grief of the victims and their loved ones, but my heart goes out to them." The actor and his co-stars were forced to return home when the red carpet premiere of the movie in Paris, France was canceled following the incident.
Director Christopher Nolan also expressed his thoughts on the shooting. "Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of 'The Dark Knight Rises', I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community," he said. "I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie."
"I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime," Nolan continued. "The movie theater is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair