Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus and Wife Welcome Their Second Child
Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts is a father once again. The 41-year-old singer's second child, a son named Dylan Jay DeMarcus, was born on Friday, July 20 at 4 P.M. in Nashville.
Jay's wife Allison and the baby are "doing well in a local hospital", a representative told People. Dylan, who joins 19-months-old sister Madeline Leigh, weighed 7 lbs., 11 oz. at time of birth. The proud father almost missed his birth.
Jay was in Detroit for a Friday night concert at the DTE Energy Music Theater. "Jay got pregnant. He got up this morning, jumped on our airplane, flew home, and had the baby. Now he is flying back for the show," bandmates Gary LeVox and Joe Don Rooney jokingly told 99.5 WYCD in an interview. Gary added, "He woke up in a panic, you know, when his water broke."
Jay flew back to Detroit via helicopter in time for Rascall Flatts' scheduled 9.30 P.M. concert, still wearing hospital scrubs and a hospital wristband. The group will continue performing Saturday at Jamboree in the Hills in Belmont, Ohio, and Sunday at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier