Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus and Wife Welcome Their Second Child
Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts is a father once again. The 41-year-old singer's second child, a son named Dylan Jay DeMarcus, was born on Friday, July 20 at 4 P.M. in Nashville.
Jay's wife Allison and the baby are "doing well in a local hospital", a representative told People. Dylan, who joins 19-months-old sister Madeline Leigh, weighed 7 lbs., 11 oz. at time of birth. The proud father almost missed his birth.
Jay was in Detroit for a Friday night concert at the DTE Energy Music Theater. "Jay got pregnant. He got up this morning, jumped on our airplane, flew home, and had the baby. Now he is flying back for the show," bandmates Gary LeVox and Joe Don Rooney jokingly told 99.5 WYCD in an interview. Gary added, "He woke up in a panic, you know, when his water broke."
Jay flew back to Detroit via helicopter in time for Rascall Flatts' scheduled 9.30 P.M. concert, still wearing hospital scrubs and a hospital wristband. The group will continue performing Saturday at Jamboree in the Hills in Belmont, Ohio, and Sunday at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says