Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus and Wife Welcome Their Second Child
Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts is a father once again. The 41-year-old singer's second child, a son named Dylan Jay DeMarcus, was born on Friday, July 20 at 4 P.M. in Nashville.
Jay's wife Allison and the baby are "doing well in a local hospital", a representative told People. Dylan, who joins 19-months-old sister Madeline Leigh, weighed 7 lbs., 11 oz. at time of birth. The proud father almost missed his birth.
Jay was in Detroit for a Friday night concert at the DTE Energy Music Theater. "Jay got pregnant. He got up this morning, jumped on our airplane, flew home, and had the baby. Now he is flying back for the show," bandmates Gary LeVox and Joe Don Rooney jokingly told 99.5 WYCD in an interview. Gary added, "He woke up in a panic, you know, when his water broke."
Jay flew back to Detroit via helicopter in time for Rascall Flatts' scheduled 9.30 P.M. concert, still wearing hospital scrubs and a hospital wristband. The group will continue performing Saturday at Jamboree in the Hills in Belmont, Ohio, and Sunday at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry
- Report: Katy Perry Is Dating Takeoff of Migos