Rascal Flatts' Jay DeMarcus and Wife Welcome Their Second Child
Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts is a father once again. The 41-year-old singer's second child, a son named Dylan Jay DeMarcus, was born on Friday, July 20 at 4 P.M. in Nashville.
Jay's wife Allison and the baby are "doing well in a local hospital", a representative told People. Dylan, who joins 19-months-old sister Madeline Leigh, weighed 7 lbs., 11 oz. at time of birth. The proud father almost missed his birth.
Jay was in Detroit for a Friday night concert at the DTE Energy Music Theater. "Jay got pregnant. He got up this morning, jumped on our airplane, flew home, and had the baby. Now he is flying back for the show," bandmates Gary LeVox and Joe Don Rooney jokingly told 99.5 WYCD in an interview. Gary added, "He woke up in a panic, you know, when his water broke."
Jay flew back to Detroit via helicopter in time for Rascall Flatts' scheduled 9.30 P.M. concert, still wearing hospital scrubs and a hospital wristband. The group will continue performing Saturday at Jamboree in the Hills in Belmont, Ohio, and Sunday at the Riverbend Music Center in Cincinnati.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'