First Look at Emmy Rossum as Manipulative Ridley Duchaness in 'Beautiful Creatures'
How Emmy Rossum will look like as Ridley Duchaness in "Beautiful Creatures" has been revealed in a form of a newly-released still. Making its way out onto the web via Entertainment Weekly, the image shows Emmy sporting new short red hair while donning a gorgeous sheer black gown. She finishes off her look with classy tear-drop earrings.
"Beautiful Creatures" is based on the first of a five-novel series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. It revolves around high-school student Ethan Wate who meets and becomes bewitched by a girl named Lena.
The 16-year-old girl moves to a small South Carolina town where the boy lives. The couple later must confront a curse that has haunted Lena's family for generations as she comes to grip with her powers.
Emmy's character, Ridley, is described as Lena's supernaturally manipulative cousin who is tasked by Lena's mother to make sure her daughter doesn't opt for good. "She and Lena were almost sisters before she was claimed by the Dark," director Richard LaGravense says of the character. "So she wants Lena to be claimed so they can be together again."
Emmy herself, who has just finished filming the novel-adapted pic in New Orleans, opens up that she wants to portray Ridley as a devious character. She tells EW, "We get to show the dark side as kind of more fun than the light. Who wouldn't want to be an evil witch?"
"Beautiful Creatures" has stolen the attention since some people dubbed it "the next big thing" after the "Twilight Saga" film series. Being developed since 2009, the movie has been scheduled to hit the U.S. cinemas on February 13, 2013.
Joining Emmy in the cast ensemble are Alice Englert as Lena Duchannes, Alden Ehrenreich as Ethan, Viola Davis as Amma, Emma Thompson as Lena's mom, Jeremy Irons as Macon Ravenwood, and Kyle Gallner as Larkin.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?