Leonard Nimoy on 'Fringe' Emmy Snub: It's Ridiculous
As "Fringe" is omitted from the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Award nominations, Leonard Nimoy has sounded off his disappointment. Taking to his Twitter on Thursday, July 19, the Spock of the original "Star Trek" series wrote, "No Emmy nomination for Fringe. Ridiculous.So much talent. So much hard work. So much imagination. LLAP."
The 81-year-old actor, who has appeared several times as Dr. William Bell on the J.J. Abrams-co-created show, didn't only feel bitter about "Fringe" exclusion this year, but also because of the lack of appreciation given to "Star Trek" series. "Shouldn't be so surprised about Fringe. Emmy has given short shrift to Star Trek for 46 years. Amazing. LLAP," he added in another post.
"Fringe" was nominated twice at Emmy Awards in 2009 and 2010, but didn't win any. With the sci-fi show entering its final season this fall, it will only have one last chance to get a kudo from the prestigious event next year.
Also getting snubbed at this year's Emmy nomination list is "Glee". In contrary to Nimoy, Lea Michele didn't seem to be upset about this. "There's some really great stuff out there right now, so I feel like this is just the natural progression of things," the Rachel Berry depicter on the FOX musical series told E! Online.
"I am a huge fan of 'Girls' and the fact that Lena [Dunham] got nominated and the show got nominated is amazing," the actress congratulated the HBO comedy, before praising her own show, "I'm very proud of our last season. I think it was one of our best seasons ever."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'