'Revenge' Finds Emily's Mom in Jennifer Jason Leigh
Jennifer Jason Leigh has landed a key role in the sophomore season of "Revenge". She is cast in a recurring role as Emily a.k.a. Amanda Clarke's sinister mother, who was presumed to be dead. The character will make her first appearance early in the next season.
Creator Mike Kelley once said Emily's mom had all the dark parts of Emily. "This [character] is going to have some deep psychological issues," he told TVLine back in May. "So we're going to need somebody that can play volatile and dangerous; all of the scariest parts of Emily's personality are going to be present and apparent and a little bit out of control in her mother."
Kelley went on elaborating, "But at the same time, what works so great for Emily is that sweet facade, so this woman needs to feel like she's got potential for kindness. You look at her and you don't know that she's as damaged as she is inside. But you'll quickly learn that this is a very dangerous person."
Leigh joins Barry Sloane who was earlier cast as Ethan, a mysterious man who has connections to Emily's past. The show is moved to Sundays at 9 P.M. this fall, but ABC has not announced the premiere date.
Best known for her roles in such movies as "Last Exit to Brooklyn", "Short Cuts", "Single White Female" and "Georgia", Leigh has been recurring on Showtime's "Weeds" as Jill Price-Gray, the older sister of Mary-Louise Parker's Nancy.
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby