'Revenge' Finds Emily's Mom in Jennifer Jason Leigh
Jennifer Jason Leigh has landed a key role in the sophomore season of "Revenge". She is cast in a recurring role as Emily a.k.a. Amanda Clarke's sinister mother, who was presumed to be dead. The character will make her first appearance early in the next season.
Creator Mike Kelley once said Emily's mom had all the dark parts of Emily. "This [character] is going to have some deep psychological issues," he told TVLine back in May. "So we're going to need somebody that can play volatile and dangerous; all of the scariest parts of Emily's personality are going to be present and apparent and a little bit out of control in her mother."
Kelley went on elaborating, "But at the same time, what works so great for Emily is that sweet facade, so this woman needs to feel like she's got potential for kindness. You look at her and you don't know that she's as damaged as she is inside. But you'll quickly learn that this is a very dangerous person."
Leigh joins Barry Sloane who was earlier cast as Ethan, a mysterious man who has connections to Emily's past. The show is moved to Sundays at 9 P.M. this fall, but ABC has not announced the premiere date.
Best known for her roles in such movies as "Last Exit to Brooklyn", "Short Cuts", "Single White Female" and "Georgia", Leigh has been recurring on Showtime's "Weeds" as Jill Price-Gray, the older sister of Mary-Louise Parker's Nancy.
- Seth Rogen's R-Rated Animated Comedy 'Sausage Party' to Join Oscar Race
- Rihanna Regrets Skipping Drake's Party and Letting Taylor Swift Steal the Spotlight
- Olivia Wilde Shares Breastfeeding Photo, Finds New Drinking Buddy in Newborn Daughter
- Twitter Rips Drake for Mocking Kid Cudi's Mental Illness in New Diss Track
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery