2012 Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations Are In
"Mad Men" earns the highest number of nominations at the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards but it's not the only one. Both the AMC drama and FX's new series "American Horror Story" have pocketed a total of 17 nominations.
"Mad Men" is listed under Outstanding Drama Series along with AMC's "Breaking Bad", PBS' "Downton Abbey", HBO's "Game of Thrones" and "Boardwalk Empire", and Showtime's "Homeland". This marks the first time the awards snub the big networks ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and The CW in the category.
Over under Outstanding Comedy Series, "Modern Family" is taking competition from "The Big Bang Theory", "30 Rock" as well as three of HBO's comedies "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "Girls" and "Veep". "Modern Family" is the most-nominated comedy series with 14 nods.
British soap "Downton Abbey" and History's miniseries "Hatfields & McCoys" hold the second most-nominated series this year with 16 each. Abbey won as Outstanding Miniseries last year but will now compete as Drama Series.
The Emmys will be handed out on September 23 at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. Jimmy Kimmel has been set to host the live show. Full nominations can be seen on the official site.
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'