2012 Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations Are In
"Mad Men" earns the highest number of nominations at the 64th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards but it's not the only one. Both the AMC drama and FX's new series "American Horror Story" have pocketed a total of 17 nominations.
"Mad Men" is listed under Outstanding Drama Series along with AMC's "Breaking Bad", PBS' "Downton Abbey", HBO's "Game of Thrones" and "Boardwalk Empire", and Showtime's "Homeland". This marks the first time the awards snub the big networks ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX and The CW in the category.
Over under Outstanding Comedy Series, "Modern Family" is taking competition from "The Big Bang Theory", "30 Rock" as well as three of HBO's comedies "Curb Your Enthusiasm", "Girls" and "Veep". "Modern Family" is the most-nominated comedy series with 14 nods.
British soap "Downton Abbey" and History's miniseries "Hatfields & McCoys" hold the second most-nominated series this year with 16 each. Abbey won as Outstanding Miniseries last year but will now compete as Drama Series.
The Emmys will be handed out on September 23 at the Nokia Theater in Los Angeles. Jimmy Kimmel has been set to host the live show. Full nominations can be seen on the official site.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...