Stefano Langone on J.Lo and Steven Tyler's Exits From 'American Idol': It's a Smart Move
While some fans were shocked when Jennifer Lopez and Steven Tyler announced their exits from "American Idol", Stefano Langone says he "wasn't surprised at all, especially with Jennifer Lopez." Calling it "a smart move on both parts," the "I'm on a Roll" singer thinks it's time for a change in the judge line-up.
"I think it's time for them to say, 'OK, let's have that same effect that we did two years ago when we brought in the judges and had the best reviews in the world,' " Langone said, believing that the shake-up may help in increasing the show's ratings.
Explaining why it's a good move to replace the judges, the 23-year-old tells MTV, "Because everyone wants to know what Steven Tyler is going to say, everyone wants to know what J. Lo is going to say. After a couple seasons it's like, 'What else are you going to say now?' "
As for J.Lo in particular, Langone who placed seventh in "Idol" season 10 says it's just time for her to move on to her next projects. "That's her staple in what she does in the industry, that's how she's carried her career throughout," he claims.
"Whether it was movies for a couple years, then she did music for a couple years and then she would do whatever for a couple years and then move on and master whatever she did. So she got on the biggest television show in the world, put her stamp on it and then she's going to move on," the Washington-born guy continues. "That's how it goes."
Discussing who should be hired as new judges on "Idol", Langone states, "I think they should have past contestants." He argues, "There's a whole decade of contestants and I think maybe a winner or someone who did really well. Jennifer Hudson would be amazing, Adam Lambert, Fantasia [Barrino], Ruben Studdard or any of those people because they really know what we're going through and I think that would be a cool compliment to the show."
With J.Lo and Tyler's exit, Randy Jackson is currently the only one left standing on the judging panel. He, however, has been rumored to be replaced as well and likely moved "into a more mentoring role." Lambert, Miley Cyrus, Mariah Carey, Nicki Minaj and Stacy Ferguson a.k.a. Fergie have since been mentioned as possible replacements.
- Gisele Bundchen Gets Shirtless Assistant Taking Care of Her Booty During Photo Shoot
- Beyonce Remembers Aaliyah 15 Years Later With Sweet Throwback Video
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Kills Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'