Prosecutors Consider to Charge Paparazzi in Justin Bieber Car Chase
A paparazzo, who pursued Justin Bieber when the star was cited for speeding on L.A.'s 101 freeway, may face a criminal charge. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) has completed investigation in the case and reportedly recommended that the photographer is prosecuted for misdemeanor.
The CHP has sent the file to the L.A. City Attorney, who will determine whether charges should be filed. Frank Mateljan, a spokesman for the city attorney, states, "Our prosecutors are taking a look at what's been filed by the CHP." He also confirms that the city attorney's office is considering charging a single paparazzo, but doesn't mention the name of the said person.
California indeed has a law that prohibits someone from driving recklessly while attempting to take a photo. Should the charge be filed, it will be the fist time anyone is prosecuted under the 2010 law. If convicted, the paparazzo could ace a maximum six-month jail sentence.
Bieber was pulled over by cops when driving his hybrid Fisker Karma in excess of 65 mph on July 6. He was described as being polite and cooperative when the police officers stopped him and was released after being issued a ticket for speeding.
The "Boyfriend" singer later filed a harassment complaint against one of the paparazzi who chased him on the freeway, claiming the photographer was endangering many lives by persistently pursuing his car.
More Justin Bieber News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked