Jeremy Renner to Join David O. Russell's Crime Drama 'American Bullshit'
Jeremy Renner is close to land his first movie project for 2013. Variety has the words that the Hawkeye of "The Avengers" is in talks star in Sony Pictures' high-end crime drama called "American Bullshit", which will be directed by David O. Russell.
Should Renner sign the deal with Sony, he will tackle a pivotal role that was originally set for Bradley Cooper. Meanwhile, Cooper himself is set to take over the role that has been turned down by Christian Bale.
"American Bullshit" follows a true story of Abscam, an FBI's 1980 undercover sting operation of Congress to root out corruption which was the brainchild of the world's greatest con man, Mel Weinberg. Renner is expected to play Jimmy Boyle, the FBI agent who busts Cooper's Weinberg and then partners with him during the sting.
Eric Warren Singer pens the script, which is included in the top 10 of the 2012 Black List. The production is set to begin in February 2013.
As for Renner, the "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" actor will soon be seen in "The Bourne Legacy", which is due in the U.S. on August 10. His other upcoming films include "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" and an untitled James Gray project, which also stars Marion Cotillard and Joaquin Phoenix.
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role
- Troian Bellisario Has Harsh Words for Both Kim Kardashian and Taylor Swift