Jeremy Renner to Join David O. Russell's Crime Drama 'American Bullshit'
Jeremy Renner is close to land his first movie project for 2013. Variety has the words that the Hawkeye of "The Avengers" is in talks star in Sony Pictures' high-end crime drama called "American Bullshit", which will be directed by David O. Russell.
Should Renner sign the deal with Sony, he will tackle a pivotal role that was originally set for Bradley Cooper. Meanwhile, Cooper himself is set to take over the role that has been turned down by Christian Bale.
"American Bullshit" follows a true story of Abscam, an FBI's 1980 undercover sting operation of Congress to root out corruption which was the brainchild of the world's greatest con man, Mel Weinberg. Renner is expected to play Jimmy Boyle, the FBI agent who busts Cooper's Weinberg and then partners with him during the sting.
Eric Warren Singer pens the script, which is included in the top 10 of the 2012 Black List. The production is set to begin in February 2013.
As for Renner, the "Mission: Impossible Ghost Protocol" actor will soon be seen in "The Bourne Legacy", which is due in the U.S. on August 10. His other upcoming films include "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" and an untitled James Gray project, which also stars Marion Cotillard and Joaquin Phoenix.
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'