'Catching Fire' Casts Amanda Plummer to Play a Returning Tribute
"Pulp Fiction" star Amanda Plummer is the latest addition in "The Hunger Games" sequel, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". On Tuesday, July 17, Lionsgate announced that the veteran actress will play a female tribute from District 3 named Wiress.
The character is forced to compete in the Hunger Games once again during the Quarter Quell, an all-star edition of the games in which past winners come back to fight each other to the death. Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss will recognize her as an ally although fellow competitors nicknamed her "Nuts" for her eccentricity and silence.
"Catching Fire" has signed a deal with Philip Seymour Hoffman to portray gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee who oversees the Quarter Quell on behalf of the government of Panem. Jena Malone has also been offered the role of returning tribute, Johanna Mason.
Directed by Francis Lawrence, "Catching Fire" will begin shooting in September with scheduled release on November 22, 2013.
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country
- Hilary Duff Confirms She's Dating Trainer Jason Walsh: 'He's a Great Guy'