'Catching Fire' Casts Amanda Plummer to Play a Returning Tribute
"Pulp Fiction" star Amanda Plummer is the latest addition in "The Hunger Games" sequel, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". On Tuesday, July 17, Lionsgate announced that the veteran actress will play a female tribute from District 3 named Wiress.
The character is forced to compete in the Hunger Games once again during the Quarter Quell, an all-star edition of the games in which past winners come back to fight each other to the death. Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss will recognize her as an ally although fellow competitors nicknamed her "Nuts" for her eccentricity and silence.
"Catching Fire" has signed a deal with Philip Seymour Hoffman to portray gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee who oversees the Quarter Quell on behalf of the government of Panem. Jena Malone has also been offered the role of returning tribute, Johanna Mason.
Directed by Francis Lawrence, "Catching Fire" will begin shooting in September with scheduled release on November 22, 2013.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3