'Catching Fire' Casts Amanda Plummer to Play a Returning Tribute
"Pulp Fiction" star Amanda Plummer is the latest addition in "The Hunger Games" sequel, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". On Tuesday, July 17, Lionsgate announced that the veteran actress will play a female tribute from District 3 named Wiress.
The character is forced to compete in the Hunger Games once again during the Quarter Quell, an all-star edition of the games in which past winners come back to fight each other to the death. Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss will recognize her as an ally although fellow competitors nicknamed her "Nuts" for her eccentricity and silence.
"Catching Fire" has signed a deal with Philip Seymour Hoffman to portray gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee who oversees the Quarter Quell on behalf of the government of Panem. Jena Malone has also been offered the role of returning tribute, Johanna Mason.
Directed by Francis Lawrence, "Catching Fire" will begin shooting in September with scheduled release on November 22, 2013.
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard