'Catching Fire' Casts Amanda Plummer to Play a Returning Tribute
"Pulp Fiction" star Amanda Plummer is the latest addition in "The Hunger Games" sequel, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". On Tuesday, July 17, Lionsgate announced that the veteran actress will play a female tribute from District 3 named Wiress.
The character is forced to compete in the Hunger Games once again during the Quarter Quell, an all-star edition of the games in which past winners come back to fight each other to the death. Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss will recognize her as an ally although fellow competitors nicknamed her "Nuts" for her eccentricity and silence.
"Catching Fire" has signed a deal with Philip Seymour Hoffman to portray gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee who oversees the Quarter Quell on behalf of the government of Panem. Jena Malone has also been offered the role of returning tribute, Johanna Mason.
Directed by Francis Lawrence, "Catching Fire" will begin shooting in September with scheduled release on November 22, 2013.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2