'Catching Fire' Casts Amanda Plummer to Play a Returning Tribute
"Pulp Fiction" star Amanda Plummer is the latest addition in "The Hunger Games" sequel, "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire". On Tuesday, July 17, Lionsgate announced that the veteran actress will play a female tribute from District 3 named Wiress.
The character is forced to compete in the Hunger Games once again during the Quarter Quell, an all-star edition of the games in which past winners come back to fight each other to the death. Jennifer Lawrence's Katniss will recognize her as an ally although fellow competitors nicknamed her "Nuts" for her eccentricity and silence.
"Catching Fire" has signed a deal with Philip Seymour Hoffman to portray gamemaker Plutarch Heavensbee who oversees the Quarter Quell on behalf of the government of Panem. Jena Malone has also been offered the role of returning tribute, Johanna Mason.
Directed by Francis Lawrence, "Catching Fire" will begin shooting in September with scheduled release on November 22, 2013.
- Kylie Jenner Asks Tyga to Move Back Into Her House
- Rihanna Is Unhappy Kanye West Put Her in Bed With Donald Trump and George W. Bush in 'Famous' Video
- Iggy Azalea Gets Thanked for 'Ruining Hip-Hop.' See Her Reaction
- Winona Ryder Defends Ex Johnny Depp Against Amber Heard's Abuse Allegations
- 'Star Trek Beyond' New Trailer: Captain Kirk Makes His Last Report
- Tyrese Gibson Confirms Return to 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Chris Brown Sued by Suge Knight Over 2014 Club Shooting. What's Breezy's Fault?
- Taylor Swift Tells Her Friends She's 'in Love' With Tom Hiddleston as Couple Enjoy Roman Holiday