'American Idol': Jennifer Lopez Reveals Steven Tyler's Exit Plays Role in Her Departure
Jennifer Lopez has revealed another reason why she bowed out of "American Idol". After saying that taking the judging role "gets more complicated as the kids get a little bigger," the Latino songstress admitted that Steven Tyler's departure solidified her decision to end her gig on the reality show.
"We had magic," she told ABC News' Amy Robach who interviewed her and her touring partner Enrique Iglesias in Montreal, Canada on Sunday, July 15. "I don't know, with him gone, it might be a different formula," the 42-year-old singer/actress added.
Claiming it's hard for her to walk away from the show, the mother of two had some suggestions for new judges. "I think like Bono or Bon Jovi or Mick Jagger," she stated. When asked if he would replace J.Lo on "Idol", Enrique who sat next to her quickly replied, "I wouldn't be a good judge. It's a lot of pressure, just thinking about, 'Oh my god, I just ruined this person's career.' "
Preview of Robach's interview with J.Lo was played on "Good Morning America" on Monday, while the complete conversation will air on Tuesday.
On another show, "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno", Charlie Sheen addressed report about him being wanted on "Idol". Though he had mentioned several conditions that must be met before he signed up, the "Anger Management" actor made it clear that he has not been approached by the show's producers.
"I had never thought about it, and I heard it on the news, so I thought I'd better respond to that," he admitted. "I came up with my terms... and I'm waiting to hear back." He further claimed that he could be a good judge, jokingly adding, "I could be helpful and give these kids some guidance without leading them to suicide."
Meanwhile, responding to a rumor that Mariah Carey is also courted to be a new judge, her husband Nick Cannon said he didn't think "Idol" could afford to pay her. "That's a lot of money. If they gave J.Lo $20 million, they might have to double that!" the "America's Got Talent" host told TMZ.
Preview of Jennifer Lopez interview:
Nick Cannon responds to reports of Mariah Carey for "American Idol":
More American Idol News
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift