Neal Moritz to Turn Sleeping Beauty Into Stalker in New Film Adaptation
Another classic fairytale is about to get a new big screen treatment. It has been reported that "21 Jump Street" producer Neal Moritz is developing a new take on the Sleeping Beauty tale.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Moritz's "Sleeping Beauty (2014)" will not present the titular character as a charming princess. Instead, it will see the slumbering sweetie as a "pesky stalker."
The new version of the fabled Brothers Grimm story is designed as a "modern-day retelling" in which the male lead character accidentally awakens the princess and finds himself getting stalked by the lovestruck heroine. The script is written by Mike Gagerman and Andrew Waller.
Moritz will produce the comedy version of "Sleeping Beauty" through his Original Film banner, which has its deal at Sony Pictures. Nonetheless, the new project still hasn't been set up at the studio and is developed internally.
Before producing "Sleeping Beauty", Moritz was relatively known for his works in action movies such as the "Fast and Furious" series. He additionally produces such upcoming films as "Total Recall", "Jack the Giant Killer" and "R.I.P.D.".
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship