Neal Moritz to Turn Sleeping Beauty Into Stalker in New Film Adaptation
Another classic fairytale is about to get a new big screen treatment. It has been reported that "21 Jump Street" producer Neal Moritz is developing a new take on the Sleeping Beauty tale.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Moritz's "Sleeping Beauty (2014)" will not present the titular character as a charming princess. Instead, it will see the slumbering sweetie as a "pesky stalker."
The new version of the fabled Brothers Grimm story is designed as a "modern-day retelling" in which the male lead character accidentally awakens the princess and finds himself getting stalked by the lovestruck heroine. The script is written by Mike Gagerman and Andrew Waller.
Moritz will produce the comedy version of "Sleeping Beauty" through his Original Film banner, which has its deal at Sony Pictures. Nonetheless, the new project still hasn't been set up at the studio and is developed internally.
Before producing "Sleeping Beauty", Moritz was relatively known for his works in action movies such as the "Fast and Furious" series. He additionally produces such upcoming films as "Total Recall", "Jack the Giant Killer" and "R.I.P.D.".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked