'American Horror Story' Recruits 'All My Children' Alum as a Patient
Mark Consuelos will check into season 2 of "American Horror Story". The actor playing Mateo Santos on the canceled soap opera "All My Children" has landed a recurring role as Spivey, a patient at the East Coast asylum for the criminally insane.
Other details of the character are not available just yet. Consuelos joins returning actors from season 1 including Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe. Adam Levine, Joseph Fiennes and Chris Zylka are among other stars added to the cast ensemble in the sophomore season.
Creator Ryan Murphy has persistently said that the new chapter would present a brand new story, which has no crossover from season one. "It's a completely different world and has nothing to do with season 1; there's not a mention of season 1. The second season is set in a completely different time period," he stated back in April.
Having his breakthrough when he starred on "AMC", Consuelos later landed roles in such films as "The Great Raid" and "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". The husband of Kelly Ripa recently also guest starred on long-running legal drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and short-lived comedy "I Hate My Teenage Daughter".
More American Horror Story News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans