'American Horror Story' Recruits 'All My Children' Alum as a Patient
Mark Consuelos will check into season 2 of "American Horror Story". The actor playing Mateo Santos on the canceled soap opera "All My Children" has landed a recurring role as Spivey, a patient at the East Coast asylum for the criminally insane.
Other details of the character are not available just yet. Consuelos joins returning actors from season 1 including Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe. Adam Levine, Joseph Fiennes and Chris Zylka are among other stars added to the cast ensemble in the sophomore season.
Creator Ryan Murphy has persistently said that the new chapter would present a brand new story, which has no crossover from season one. "It's a completely different world and has nothing to do with season 1; there's not a mention of season 1. The second season is set in a completely different time period," he stated back in April.
Having his breakthrough when he starred on "AMC", Consuelos later landed roles in such films as "The Great Raid" and "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". The husband of Kelly Ripa recently also guest starred on long-running legal drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and short-lived comedy "I Hate My Teenage Daughter".
More American Horror Story News
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound