'American Horror Story' Recruits 'All My Children' Alum as a Patient
Mark Consuelos will check into season 2 of "American Horror Story". The actor playing Mateo Santos on the canceled soap opera "All My Children" has landed a recurring role as Spivey, a patient at the East Coast asylum for the criminally insane.
Other details of the character are not available just yet. Consuelos joins returning actors from season 1 including Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe. Adam Levine, Joseph Fiennes and Chris Zylka are among other stars added to the cast ensemble in the sophomore season.
Creator Ryan Murphy has persistently said that the new chapter would present a brand new story, which has no crossover from season one. "It's a completely different world and has nothing to do with season 1; there's not a mention of season 1. The second season is set in a completely different time period," he stated back in April.
Having his breakthrough when he starred on "AMC", Consuelos later landed roles in such films as "The Great Raid" and "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". The husband of Kelly Ripa recently also guest starred on long-running legal drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and short-lived comedy "I Hate My Teenage Daughter".
More American Horror Story News
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert
- 'Knight Rider' Gets Reboot From Producer Justin Lin
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!