'American Horror Story' Recruits 'All My Children' Alum as a Patient
Mark Consuelos will check into season 2 of "American Horror Story". The actor playing Mateo Santos on the canceled soap opera "All My Children" has landed a recurring role as Spivey, a patient at the East Coast asylum for the criminally insane.
Other details of the character are not available just yet. Consuelos joins returning actors from season 1 including Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe. Adam Levine, Joseph Fiennes and Chris Zylka are among other stars added to the cast ensemble in the sophomore season.
Creator Ryan Murphy has persistently said that the new chapter would present a brand new story, which has no crossover from season one. "It's a completely different world and has nothing to do with season 1; there's not a mention of season 1. The second season is set in a completely different time period," he stated back in April.
Having his breakthrough when he starred on "AMC", Consuelos later landed roles in such films as "The Great Raid" and "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". The husband of Kelly Ripa recently also guest starred on long-running legal drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and short-lived comedy "I Hate My Teenage Daughter".
More American Horror Story News
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism
- Elle Fanning Turns Her Dream Into Reality in New 'Leap!' Trailer
- This Is What Bella Thorne Does When Asked If Scott Disick Is a Sex Addict
- Bye Exes Feud! Nicki Minaj Is 'Happily Moving On' With Nas
- Jay-Z Shares '4:44' Dramatic Trailer Titled 'Kill Jay Z'
- Katy Perry Breaks Silence on Orlando Bloom's Nude Photos, Claims He Tried to Get Her Naked Too