'American Horror Story' Recruits 'All My Children' Alum as a Patient
Mark Consuelos will check into season 2 of "American Horror Story". The actor playing Mateo Santos on the canceled soap opera "All My Children" has landed a recurring role as Spivey, a patient at the East Coast asylum for the criminally insane.
Other details of the character are not available just yet. Consuelos joins returning actors from season 1 including Jessica Lange, Zachary Quinto, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Lily Rabe. Adam Levine, Joseph Fiennes and Chris Zylka are among other stars added to the cast ensemble in the sophomore season.
Creator Ryan Murphy has persistently said that the new chapter would present a brand new story, which has no crossover from season one. "It's a completely different world and has nothing to do with season 1; there's not a mention of season 1. The second season is set in a completely different time period," he stated back in April.
Having his breakthrough when he starred on "AMC", Consuelos later landed roles in such films as "The Great Raid" and "My Super Ex-Girlfriend". The husband of Kelly Ripa recently also guest starred on long-running legal drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" and short-lived comedy "I Hate My Teenage Daughter".
More American Horror Story News
- Kate Winslet Opens Up About Being Fat-Shamed as a Child: 'They Called Me Blubber'
- Justin Bieber and Koutney Kardashian Secretly Hooking Up in 'Love Nest'
- First Possible 'Marvel's Defenders' Art Promo and Logo Arrive Online
- Baby Before Marriage? Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Reportedly Expecting Their First Child
- 'DWTS' Pair Sharna Burgess and Bonner Bolton Fuel Dating Rumors With Flirty Night Out
- Meet Anthony Hopkins' Sidekick in New 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Motion Posters
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors