Kate Middleton Wears South African Dress on Photoshopped Magazine Cover
When Kate Middleton graces the cover of Marie Claire South Africa in a jungle-themed number by a local designer, people are left wondering how the magazine got the Duchess of Cambridge as its cover girl. In a sneak peek to its new August issue, it's revealed that the image featured on the publication's front page is a result of photoshop.
"We were so inspired by her fairytale wedding and her life as a modern-day princess, which is why we elected Kate Middleton as our cover star for the August issue," the magazine explains in a statement. "The cover is actually a hyper-real illustration of Kate, meant to be a fan art tribute to fashion's new royal icon."
Kate wears a Clive Rundle dress with tattoo motif on its sleeve. Not only does the wife of Prince William appear on the front page, but she's also featured in the spread inside the magazine. "Five local illustrators have gone to work recreating the Duchess of Cambridge in their own style, dressed up in the finest couture from top local designers," it's explained.
Marie Claire dubs the new issue that goes on sale starting July 16 a "fan art tribute." Its editor Aspasia Karras gushes, "Kate Middleton is, without a doubt, the world's new style icon. We have honoured her with a fan-art tribute, dressing her up in clothes by South African designers and placing her in all sorts of fun, everyday situations."
"Fashion's new royal icon wears SA's best local designers," the magazine says on its cover before adding an additional clue on its lower part, "Of course she doesn't. But she should."
More Kate Middleton News
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set
- Wendy Williams Skeptical of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's Romance, Calling Him 'an Opportunist'
- Chloe Moretz Blasts 'Hateful' Twitter Trolls
- Watch Justin Bieber's Acoustic Cover of Taylor Swift's 'I Knew You Were Trouble'
- Caitlyn Jenner Was 'Disgusted' by Bruce's 'Greek God Kind of Body'
- 'American Horror Story' Reveals This Mysterious Logo of Season 6