Video Premiere: Jack White's 'Freedom at 21'
Eccentric rocker Jack White has pulled the covers off his new music video for song "Freedom at 21". The track is the third single from his solo debut album, "Blunderbuss", which was released on April 23, 2012 and debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200.
The blue-toned video shows White getting into a neon-green car and speeding off. When a sexy female cop spots him, a chase ensues. After he is caught, he is hauled off to jail where he meets a seductive woman and after a very intimate moment between them, they break out of the small prison. The video ends with the couple facing a roadblock consisting of a wall of policemen and their cars.
The Hype Williams-directed music video also shows the singer wailing away on a Fender Telecaster as he sings about a woman who misuses her rights and takes advantage of the double standards of society that favor females. "She don't care what kind of wounds she's inflicted on me/ She don't care what color bruises that she's leaving on me/ 'Cause she's got freedom in the 21st century," he screams into a mic.
Fans in the U.S. can catch the former lead singer of The White Stripes live in Delaware on July 20, Friday for the Firefly Music Festival. He will also headline the last day of Lollapalooza 2012 on August 5 in Chicago. The gig happens to be a kick-off of his U.S shows that will last all the way until August 15. More details about his tour can be found on his official website.
Jack White's "Freedom at 21" Music Video
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie