Robin Thicke to Make Acting Debut in 'Abby in the Summer'
Robin Thicke is stepping into movie industry. The judge of ABC's talent show "Duets" has been attached to "Abby in the Summer", an indie pic which will mark the directorial debut of Jimbo Lee.
Courtesy of Variety, the 35-year-old R&B singer/songwriter is cast alongside Jaime Pressly and Tygh Runyan. The three will star opposite Frances Conroy, Joey Lauren Adams and Steve Agee.
Along with his co-stars, Thicke is scheduled to kick off the production this week in Los Angeles. In addition to working behind the lens, Lee serves as the screenwriter.
"Abby in the Summer" follows Pressly's titular character, an adrenaline junkie who works as a sous chef. One day, Abby accidentally cuts herself and is forced to leave work for the summer. During the days off, she has to face the challenge of having nothing to do.
As the weather gets hotter, Abby must also deal with her distracted husband (Runyan) and face the temptation of an old fling (Thicke). Conroy and Adams will play Abby's mother and best friend respectively.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special