Robin Thicke to Make Acting Debut in 'Abby in the Summer'
Robin Thicke is stepping into movie industry. The judge of ABC's talent show "Duets" has been attached to "Abby in the Summer", an indie pic which will mark the directorial debut of Jimbo Lee.
Courtesy of Variety, the 35-year-old R&B singer/songwriter is cast alongside Jaime Pressly and Tygh Runyan. The three will star opposite Frances Conroy, Joey Lauren Adams and Steve Agee.
Along with his co-stars, Thicke is scheduled to kick off the production this week in Los Angeles. In addition to working behind the lens, Lee serves as the screenwriter.
"Abby in the Summer" follows Pressly's titular character, an adrenaline junkie who works as a sous chef. One day, Abby accidentally cuts herself and is forced to leave work for the summer. During the days off, she has to face the challenge of having nothing to do.
As the weather gets hotter, Abby must also deal with her distracted husband (Runyan) and face the temptation of an old fling (Thicke). Conroy and Adams will play Abby's mother and best friend respectively.
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo