Robin Thicke to Make Acting Debut in 'Abby in the Summer'
Robin Thicke is stepping into movie industry. The judge of ABC's talent show "Duets" has been attached to "Abby in the Summer", an indie pic which will mark the directorial debut of Jimbo Lee.
Courtesy of Variety, the 35-year-old R&B singer/songwriter is cast alongside Jaime Pressly and Tygh Runyan. The three will star opposite Frances Conroy, Joey Lauren Adams and Steve Agee.
Along with his co-stars, Thicke is scheduled to kick off the production this week in Los Angeles. In addition to working behind the lens, Lee serves as the screenwriter.
"Abby in the Summer" follows Pressly's titular character, an adrenaline junkie who works as a sous chef. One day, Abby accidentally cuts herself and is forced to leave work for the summer. During the days off, she has to face the challenge of having nothing to do.
As the weather gets hotter, Abby must also deal with her distracted husband (Runyan) and face the temptation of an old fling (Thicke). Conroy and Adams will play Abby's mother and best friend respectively.
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video