Johnny Depp to Team Up With Wes Anderson in 'The Grand Budapest Hotel'
While he's still busy filming "The Lone Ranger", Johnny Depp manages to score a new movie project. The "Dark Shadows" leading actor has been locked to star in director Wes Anderson's next movie "The Grand Budapest Hotel", Deadline reports.
Details of what character Depp will tackle are still unclear since the film's plotline is still kept under tight wraps. The upcoming project seems to confirm previous reports suggesting that Anderson is eyeing a European-set film as his next gig and courting a number of high-profile actors to star in it.
Anderson himself will provide the script in addition to serving behind the lens. He will also serve as the producer along with Scott Rudin and Steven Rales.
Oscar-nominated Anderson has lately been stealing attention through his acclaimed work on "Moonrise Kingdom". The highly-praised 1960s-set drama successfully scores nearly $40 million domestically, which is quite a big result for an indie movie.
"The Grand Budapest Hotel" will likely be Depp's next big screen stint after "Lone Ranger" since his planned project with Rob Marshall, "The Thin Man", has been pushed for the time being.
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle