Comic-Con 2012: 'Godzilla' Reboot Surprises Fans With Apocalyptic Teaser Trailer
Previous rumors that Legendary Pictures would bring Godzilla to Comic-Con have come true after all. On Saturday, July 14, around 6,500 fans were shocked when Legendary chief Thomas Tull introduced a surprisingly polished teaser trailer of Gareth Edwards' new version of "Godzilla".
The trailer opened with shots of a devastated city where there were train and cars heavily damaged. A voiceover from J. Robert Oppenheimer was heard quoting the "Now, I am become death" part of the Bhagavad Gita.
In the ruined city, there was a gigantic centipede-like monster which had many arms and legs. Suddenly the scene was cut into a blackout before audience heard a loud roar of none other than Godzilla itself. The following scenes offer glimpses at the iconic creature's claws, fins and finally head.
While no attendees were allowed to capture the sneak peek, a video featuring Tull and Edwards during the "Godzilla" presentation has gone online. Asked about his vision on the upcoming reboot movie, director Edward stated, "We're going to take it seriously. If this really hapened, what would it be like? It's very grounded [and] realistic."
"I wanted to see this movie this way all my life," the director continued. "I've never worked this hard and this long that lasted this few seconds since I lost my virginity."
"Godzilla" still hasn't got a U.S. release date. In addition to revealing its teaser trailer, the much-talked-about remake movie debuted its first teaser poster. Dominated with black color, the one-sheet shows a red Japanese word behind the film's title which becomes the highlight of the poster.
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies