Vampire Weekend Close Pitchfork Music Fest, Lady GaGa Watches Kendrick Lamar
The Pitchfork music festival ended its weekend run on Sunday, July 15. The closing act, Vampire Weekend, were joined by some other independent acts in the concert that was held in Chicago's Union Park.
Lady GaGa was spotted at the festival as well, but the Mother Monster was not a performer. The superstar stopped by to watch the set of rapper Kendrick Lamar. The Compton native has received bad reviews, including from WBEZ01.5, for his performance that reportedly consisted mostly of inappropriate language and samples and beats from already famous songs.
Abraham Orellana, beter known as AraabMuzik, got everyone moving to his dubstep grooves. Rapper Chief Keef made a cameo during his set. San Francisco garage rocker Ty Segall performed with his group that he calls the Ty Segall Band. Their set consisted mostly of songs from the group's 2012 release "Slaughterhouse".
Vampire Weekend returned to the stage of the Pitchfork festival after nearly a year. The band's vocalist Ezra Koenig said, "It's been a long time since we played shows, but you seem very nice." The four-piece band who are currently working on their third album played some new songs. Fans sent Twitter abuzz with praises for the band.
The festival was a three-day gathering of 40 independent acts and music fans. The goal of the festival is "to create a reasonably priced summer music festival that provides an overwhelmingly positive, comfortable and fun festival experience for both attendees and musicians."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'