Vampire Weekend Close Pitchfork Music Fest, Lady GaGa Watches Kendrick Lamar
The Pitchfork music festival ended its weekend run on Sunday, July 15. The closing act, Vampire Weekend, were joined by some other independent acts in the concert that was held in Chicago's Union Park.
Lady GaGa was spotted at the festival as well, but the Mother Monster was not a performer. The superstar stopped by to watch the set of rapper Kendrick Lamar. The Compton native has received bad reviews, including from WBEZ01.5, for his performance that reportedly consisted mostly of inappropriate language and samples and beats from already famous songs.
Abraham Orellana, beter known as AraabMuzik, got everyone moving to his dubstep grooves. Rapper Chief Keef made a cameo during his set. San Francisco garage rocker Ty Segall performed with his group that he calls the Ty Segall Band. Their set consisted mostly of songs from the group's 2012 release "Slaughterhouse".
Vampire Weekend returned to the stage of the Pitchfork festival after nearly a year. The band's vocalist Ezra Koenig said, "It's been a long time since we played shows, but you seem very nice." The four-piece band who are currently working on their third album played some new songs. Fans sent Twitter abuzz with praises for the band.
The festival was a three-day gathering of 40 independent acts and music fans. The goal of the festival is "to create a reasonably priced summer music festival that provides an overwhelmingly positive, comfortable and fun festival experience for both attendees and musicians."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding