Vampire Weekend Close Pitchfork Music Fest, Lady GaGa Watches Kendrick Lamar
The Pitchfork music festival ended its weekend run on Sunday, July 15. The closing act, Vampire Weekend, were joined by some other independent acts in the concert that was held in Chicago's Union Park.
Lady GaGa was spotted at the festival as well, but the Mother Monster was not a performer. The superstar stopped by to watch the set of rapper Kendrick Lamar. The Compton native has received bad reviews, including from WBEZ01.5, for his performance that reportedly consisted mostly of inappropriate language and samples and beats from already famous songs.
Abraham Orellana, beter known as AraabMuzik, got everyone moving to his dubstep grooves. Rapper Chief Keef made a cameo during his set. San Francisco garage rocker Ty Segall performed with his group that he calls the Ty Segall Band. Their set consisted mostly of songs from the group's 2012 release "Slaughterhouse".
Vampire Weekend returned to the stage of the Pitchfork festival after nearly a year. The band's vocalist Ezra Koenig said, "It's been a long time since we played shows, but you seem very nice." The four-piece band who are currently working on their third album played some new songs. Fans sent Twitter abuzz with praises for the band.
The festival was a three-day gathering of 40 independent acts and music fans. The goal of the festival is "to create a reasonably priced summer music festival that provides an overwhelmingly positive, comfortable and fun festival experience for both attendees and musicians."
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber