Comic-Con 2012: 'Man of Steel' Offers Tear-Jerking First Footage
Last Saturday, July 14, Zack Snyder's "Man of Steel" wowed the audience at Comic-Con with its first ever footage. A bootleg version of the video has landed online via Comic Book Movie, offering a look at some tear-jerking and dark-themed scenes in the anticipated Superman movie.
The footage screened at Hall H opened with shots of Clark Kent's chilhood in the Kents home in Kansas. Growing up as what seemed to be a fisherman, Clark started to show his superpower when he lifted up a school bus that plunged into a river.
Later, Jonathan Kent told his adopted son that "people are afraid of what they don't understand" and showed the young Clark the spaceship that brought him to the Kents. "It's not from this world, Clark. And neither are you," said John.
The rest of the footage was filled with touching scenes when Clark became Superman and met his biological father Jor-El, flew to the sky with his signature costume, embraced his leading lady Lois Lane and met his enemy General Zod. The clip ended with Superman stating that John Kent "was convinced that the world wasn't ready [for Superman]."
Before unveiling the much-praised footage, director Zack promised that a teaser trailer of "Man of Steel" would be attached to "The Dark Knight Rises", which will open in the U.S. on July 20. Additionally, Zack debuted a new poster of the Superman film which featured the lead hero flashing the iconic "S" symbol on his chest in a shadowy space.
The "Super-Man" panel over the weekend was also attended by lead actor Henry Cavill. The British heartthrob shared to the audience that tackling the part of Superman was a daunting task for him. "It is pretty intense, I'm not going to lie," he claimed.
"I've just been looking at that throughout this thing while you've been asking questions," he added. "I got to wear that [the 'S' symbol] on my chest. I just really, really hope that I've done everything that I need to do to please you guys."
Warner Bros. Pictures has scheduled to release "Man of Steel" on June 14, 2013. In addition to Henry, the DC Comics movie is supported by Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Russell Crowe, Diane Lane, Kevin Costner and Laurence Fishburne.
Sorry, the video has been removed as requested by Warner Bros. Pictures.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer