Sage Stallone's Autopsy Completed, Cause of Death Still Unclear
The autopsy of Sage Stallone, Sylvester Stallone's son who was found dead on Friday, July 13, has been completed on Sunday, but the cause of his death remains unknown. A spokesman for the Los Angeles County Coroner told CNN they needed six weeks to complete the toxicology tests.
Rumors swirling around that the Robert Balboa depicter on "Rocky V" might die of overdose on pills. Although L.A. County Assistant Ed Winter said they did find some prescription bottles in his room, it's too early to determine whether or not he overdosed.
Sage's lawyer George Braunstein insisted the 36-year-old actor/director didn't have drinking and drug issues. "Sage didn't even drink," he claimed to PEOPLE. "There was a report that his room was filled with liquor bottles. Actually, they were empty bottles of Dr. Brown's Cream Soda."
George also claimed the younger Stallone was in good spirits before his death. "He was very creative, energetic and very full of life," the lawyer told E! News. "We were just joking about how he was going to get married and have a fun marriage. There was nothing dark or depressing, no problems, certainly no financial problems."
There is another story suggesting Sage had passed away for at least three days when his body was found over the weekend, but this speculation was dismissed by George as well. He noted that pictures of him at home were uploaded on Stallone's Facebook 17 hours before he was found dead.
Sage is Sylvester's son with ex-wife Sasha Czack. The son/father duo shared screen in 1990's "Rocky V" and 1996's "Daylight".
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says