Sage Stallone's Autopsy Completed, Cause of Death Still Unclear
The autopsy of Sage Stallone, Sylvester Stallone's son who was found dead on Friday, July 13, has been completed on Sunday, but the cause of his death remains unknown. A spokesman for the Los Angeles County Coroner told CNN they needed six weeks to complete the toxicology tests.
Rumors swirling around that the Robert Balboa depicter on "Rocky V" might die of overdose on pills. Although L.A. County Assistant Ed Winter said they did find some prescription bottles in his room, it's too early to determine whether or not he overdosed.
Sage's lawyer George Braunstein insisted the 36-year-old actor/director didn't have drinking and drug issues. "Sage didn't even drink," he claimed to PEOPLE. "There was a report that his room was filled with liquor bottles. Actually, they were empty bottles of Dr. Brown's Cream Soda."
George also claimed the younger Stallone was in good spirits before his death. "He was very creative, energetic and very full of life," the lawyer told E! News. "We were just joking about how he was going to get married and have a fun marriage. There was nothing dark or depressing, no problems, certainly no financial problems."
There is another story suggesting Sage had passed away for at least three days when his body was found over the weekend, but this speculation was dismissed by George as well. He noted that pictures of him at home were uploaded on Stallone's Facebook 17 hours before he was found dead.
Sage is Sylvester's son with ex-wife Sasha Czack. The son/father duo shared screen in 1990's "Rocky V" and 1996's "Daylight".
More Sylvester Stallone News
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?