Comic-Con 2012: 'True Blood' Promises More Sex and Crazy Ending
"True Blood" released plenty of hints about the upcoming fifth season during its panel at the San Diego Comic-Con on Saturday, July 14. The panel was attended by creator Alan Ball and most of the cast including lead stars Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer who are expecting their first children.
Since the show has long been associated to sexy, Ball gladly told the audience that there are "definitely some hot sex scenes" in the new season and all tastes "will be satisfied". As for romance, Ball said, "I can think of three new romances this season. There's also a lot of other people having sex, but they wouldn't be counted as romances."
Joe Manganiello who plays werewolf Alcide dropped a hint, "I sexually eviscerate another cast member in one of the episodes coming up." Alexander Skarsgard joked, "It's me." Manganiello was teased for his stripper role in "Magic Mike" but would not go as far as taking off his jacket and moving his hips. "We're legally not allowed to do that with Joe on the show," Skarsgard quipped about stripping.
Answering a question from a fan, Ball said that there could be a faerie war in the series but not in this season. "We have at least one, possibly two more seasons, um possibly three for all I know of the show going forward. I would say there probably is a chance of that," he said.
What Ball confirmed for the upcoming is seeing more of Sookie's parents. "We're going to learn more about Michelle and Corbett Stackhouse, and the remaining effect of what happened to them had on Sookie and particularly Jason," Ball said.
Also, the fifth season would not miss on giving the audience another surprising ending. "The last scene of our last episode is going to blow people's minds. It's a very, very crazy scene," Paquin said.
The panel ended with Moyer paying tribute to Ball who teared up for the standing ovation that audience and cast gave him. "Thank you guys so much," the showrunner said. "I'd do eleventy-hundred more seasons of this show if I weren't so old and so tired and beat up, because it's been most fun I've had in my career."
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake