Comic-Con 2012: 'The Hobbit' Shows Two Precious Videos
"The Hobbit" was one of the most anticipated and crowded panels at San Diego Comic Con on Saturday, July 14 night. The excitement was kicked off early with a 15-minute behind-the-scene video featuring several action scenes as well as interviews with the cast and crew.
Director Peter Jackson greeted the audience, holding a cameraphone in his hand, and introduced the panel guests that include lead stars Martin Freeman, Andy Serkis and Ian McKellen. Elijah Wood, who got himself famous by portraying Frodo Baggins in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, was a surprise guest.
The panel proved itself to be generous by giving the audience another video featuring major scenes from both "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and "The Hobbit: There and Back Again". Running for 12 minutes, the footage shows Bilbo's agreement with the 13 dwarves in search of treasure from Smaug, Bilbo's meeting with Gollum, Galadriel's conversation with Gandalf about the importance of a "halfling", and Bilbo's discovery of the fateful Ring.
The clips also introduced a new character played by Evangeline Lilly, Tauriel, who is not found in the books but is guaranteed to stay true to Tolkien's characters.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'