Comic-Con 2012: 'The Hobbit' Shows Two Precious Videos
"The Hobbit" was one of the most anticipated and crowded panels at San Diego Comic Con on Saturday, July 14 night. The excitement was kicked off early with a 15-minute behind-the-scene video featuring several action scenes as well as interviews with the cast and crew.
Director Peter Jackson greeted the audience, holding a cameraphone in his hand, and introduced the panel guests that include lead stars Martin Freeman, Andy Serkis and Ian McKellen. Elijah Wood, who got himself famous by portraying Frodo Baggins in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, was a surprise guest.
The panel proved itself to be generous by giving the audience another video featuring major scenes from both "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" and "The Hobbit: There and Back Again". Running for 12 minutes, the footage shows Bilbo's agreement with the 13 dwarves in search of treasure from Smaug, Bilbo's meeting with Gollum, Galadriel's conversation with Gandalf about the importance of a "halfling", and Bilbo's discovery of the fateful Ring.
The clips also introduced a new character played by Evangeline Lilly, Tauriel, who is not found in the books but is guaranteed to stay true to Tolkien's characters.
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'
- Victim's Relative Says Chris Soules Fatal Car Crash 'Was Just a Freak Accident'
- Tarek El Moussa and Christina Put Divorce on Hold to Focus on Their Show
- Kendra Wilkinson Is Slammed by Farrah Abraham on 'Marriage Boot Camp' Promo
- Caitlyn Jenner Claps Back at Kris Jenner Over Harsh Comment About Caitlyn's New Memoir
- HyunA Gets Slammed for Saying That Skin Exposure on Stage Should Be Justified
- Scott Gimple Teases Rick's Death in 'The Walking Dead' Season 8