Piers Morgan Mistakes a Drag Queen for Whitney Houston
Piers Morgan admitted that he and his "Piers Morgan Tonight" team made a mistake on identifying Whitney Houston. They aired a footage of Houston to accompany the interview with LL Cool J about the late singer's life but included a picture of a drag who was impersonating Houston.
The drag queen was German celebrity impersonator Ikenna Beney Amaechi who has been "playing" Houston for 21 years. "I was just sitting at home and at first I didnít realize it, but then it hit me like BOOM! It wasn't Whitney ...It was me!" Amaechi told TMZ.
Amaechi said it was a picture of her at the 2008 Reel Awards Show in Las Vegas. "I feel very honored that I was mistaken for the real Whitney Houston on CNN," she said. "Is there EVEN a bigger compliment for a tribute artist?!"
Realizing this mistake, Morgan tweeted to TMZ's head, "Oops @HarveyLevinTMZ. OK, it's a fair cop - you got me!"
- Queen Elizabeth Visits Victims of Manchester Attack in Hospital
- 'Wonder Woman' Women-Only Screening Enrages Male Fans
- T.I.'s Alleged Side Chick Bernice Burgos Reportedly Wants to Have Baby With Him
- Katy Perry Tears Up as She Pays Tribute to Manchester Bombing Victims at London Gig
- Rosario Dawson in Talks for 'X-Men: New Mutants', Two Others Eyed to Play Mirage
- Sophia Bush Exits 'Chicago P.D.' After Four Seasons
- Niall Horan Promises One Direction Reunion, With Zayn Malik
- Bella Thorne Says Cannes 'Isn't for Me' as Scott Disick Ditches Her for Ex Chloe Bartoli