Piers Morgan Mistakes a Drag Queen for Whitney Houston
Piers Morgan admitted that he and his "Piers Morgan Tonight" team made a mistake on identifying Whitney Houston. They aired a footage of Houston to accompany the interview with LL Cool J about the late singer's life but included a picture of a drag who was impersonating Houston.
The drag queen was German celebrity impersonator Ikenna Beney Amaechi who has been "playing" Houston for 21 years. "I was just sitting at home and at first I didnít realize it, but then it hit me like BOOM! It wasn't Whitney ...It was me!" Amaechi told TMZ.
Amaechi said it was a picture of her at the 2008 Reel Awards Show in Las Vegas. "I feel very honored that I was mistaken for the real Whitney Houston on CNN," she said. "Is there EVEN a bigger compliment for a tribute artist?!"
Realizing this mistake, Morgan tweeted to TMZ's head, "Oops @HarveyLevinTMZ. OK, it's a fair cop - you got me!"
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie