Piers Morgan Mistakes a Drag Queen for Whitney Houston
Piers Morgan admitted that he and his "Piers Morgan Tonight" team made a mistake on identifying Whitney Houston. They aired a footage of Houston to accompany the interview with LL Cool J about the late singer's life but included a picture of a drag who was impersonating Houston.
The drag queen was German celebrity impersonator Ikenna Beney Amaechi who has been "playing" Houston for 21 years. "I was just sitting at home and at first I didnít realize it, but then it hit me like BOOM! It wasn't Whitney ...It was me!" Amaechi told TMZ.
Amaechi said it was a picture of her at the 2008 Reel Awards Show in Las Vegas. "I feel very honored that I was mistaken for the real Whitney Houston on CNN," she said. "Is there EVEN a bigger compliment for a tribute artist?!"
Realizing this mistake, Morgan tweeted to TMZ's head, "Oops @HarveyLevinTMZ. OK, it's a fair cop - you got me!"
More Piers Morgan News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake