Piers Morgan Mistakes a Drag Queen for Whitney Houston
Piers Morgan admitted that he and his "Piers Morgan Tonight" team made a mistake on identifying Whitney Houston. They aired a footage of Houston to accompany the interview with LL Cool J about the late singer's life but included a picture of a drag who was impersonating Houston.
The drag queen was German celebrity impersonator Ikenna Beney Amaechi who has been "playing" Houston for 21 years. "I was just sitting at home and at first I didnít realize it, but then it hit me like BOOM! It wasn't Whitney ...It was me!" Amaechi told TMZ.
Amaechi said it was a picture of her at the 2008 Reel Awards Show in Las Vegas. "I feel very honored that I was mistaken for the real Whitney Houston on CNN," she said. "Is there EVEN a bigger compliment for a tribute artist?!"
Realizing this mistake, Morgan tweeted to TMZ's head, "Oops @HarveyLevinTMZ. OK, it's a fair cop - you got me!"
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked