Piers Morgan Mistakes a Drag Queen for Whitney Houston
Piers Morgan admitted that he and his "Piers Morgan Tonight" team made a mistake on identifying Whitney Houston. They aired a footage of Houston to accompany the interview with LL Cool J about the late singer's life but included a picture of a drag who was impersonating Houston.
The drag queen was German celebrity impersonator Ikenna Beney Amaechi who has been "playing" Houston for 21 years. "I was just sitting at home and at first I didnít realize it, but then it hit me like BOOM! It wasn't Whitney ...It was me!" Amaechi told TMZ.
Amaechi said it was a picture of her at the 2008 Reel Awards Show in Las Vegas. "I feel very honored that I was mistaken for the real Whitney Houston on CNN," she said. "Is there EVEN a bigger compliment for a tribute artist?!"
Realizing this mistake, Morgan tweeted to TMZ's head, "Oops @HarveyLevinTMZ. OK, it's a fair cop - you got me!"
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene