Video Premiere: Ellie Goulding's 'Hanging On' Ft. Tinie Tempah
English singer Ellie Goulding has released a video for her cover of Active Child's "Hanging On". The video was released on Friday, July 13 on the singer's official YouTube channel.
The video shows the 25-year-old having a late-night stroll while wearing a leather jacket and an orange beanie. Lights flash and flicker throughout the whole trippy video as scenes of the singer and other bystanders are shown.
She appears significantly more bare as she sings, "Tell me if you feel this pain/ 'Cause I don't want to be a ball and chain/ I just can't keep hanging on, to you and me," while plainly standing with her back against the white wall.
She released the free stream and download link of the track through her Twitter account on Tuesday, July 10. She included the message, "Here's the beginning of my new journey. Enjoy and share responsibly." It has since been downloaded over 4,000 times and played over 300,000 times.
Rapper Tinie Tempah also spits out some lines near the end of the track but does not appear in the video. The pair had previously collaborated on Tempah's song, "Wonderwoman".
The blonde singer is preparing to announce the details of her follow-up to her 2010 debut "Lights". The new album is expected to drop later this year. Tempah is also due to release his second studio album, "Demonstration", sometime in October.
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce