Comic-Con 2012: 'Spartacus: War of the Damned' Trailer Shows Epic War
Footage from "Spartacus: War of the Damned" was shared during the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 13. It has a lot of scenes featuring the titular warrior taking down Roman soldiers in a bloody battle. At one point, Spartacus reminds his followers to not underestimate their opponents, while another scene offers a glimpse at the main protagonist's biggest enemy Marcus Crassus.
In addition to Crassus who is portrayed by Simon Merrells, the third and final season of the fantasy series will bring in Julius Caesar (Todd Lasance) to the story. To fill in the voids left by the deaths of Lucretia (Lucy Lawless) and Ilithyia (Viva Bianca), Anna Hutchison, Jenna Lind and Gwendoline Taylor have been added as series regulars.
Although their characters met their ends in the season 2 finale, Lawless and Bianca joined the cast including Liam McIntyre and Manu Bennett at the panel. Bianca confirmed Ilithyia is really dead, while Lawless played coy when talking about her possible return to the final season. "She's hanging angrily from a branch, holding her baby!" she told TVLine about how Lucretia could fit into the new episodes.
Meanwhile, creator Steven S. DeKnight gushed, "Everything is super-sized this season," before adding, "Every single [script] is just ridiculously gigantic."
"Spartacus: War of the Damned" will return with the final chapter in January 2013.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences