Report: Katie Holmes Enrolls Suri in All-Girl Catholic School in New York
Katie Holmes has enrolled Suri in an all-girl Catholic school in New York, according to Los Angeles Times. It's Manhattan's Convent of the Sacred Heart School which was once attended by Lady GaGa. The 6-year-old girl, who was previously home-schooled, is expected to begin classes at the Upper East Side school this fall.
It's also rumored that the estranged wife of Tom Cruise has joined a Catholic church near her apartment in New York. The Church of St. Francis Xavier where the 33-year-old actress reportedly registered as a parishioner has released a statement regarding the rumor.
They "cannot comment on Ms. Holmes in particular," but hint that Katie will be welcomed should she join them. They state, "St. Francis Xavier is a church that strives to carry out the mission of the Gospels by creating a safe, warm, welcoming, and friendly environment for people from all walks of life to practice their Catholic faith."
"We have a vibrant, parishioner-driven community in which the Sacraments are celebrated with joyful reverence, along with an active outreach ministry to those in need," they continue before concluding, "Those who attend St. Francis Xavier call this their 'spiritual home' where all are welcome."
Katie grew up in a Catholic family before she joined Scientology after seeing Tom.
More Katie Holmes News
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof