Report: Katie Holmes Enrolls Suri in All-Girl Catholic School in New York
Katie Holmes has enrolled Suri in an all-girl Catholic school in New York, according to Los Angeles Times. It's Manhattan's Convent of the Sacred Heart School which was once attended by Lady GaGa. The 6-year-old girl, who was previously home-schooled, is expected to begin classes at the Upper East Side school this fall.
It's also rumored that the estranged wife of Tom Cruise has joined a Catholic church near her apartment in New York. The Church of St. Francis Xavier where the 33-year-old actress reportedly registered as a parishioner has released a statement regarding the rumor.
They "cannot comment on Ms. Holmes in particular," but hint that Katie will be welcomed should she join them. They state, "St. Francis Xavier is a church that strives to carry out the mission of the Gospels by creating a safe, warm, welcoming, and friendly environment for people from all walks of life to practice their Catholic faith."
"We have a vibrant, parishioner-driven community in which the Sacraments are celebrated with joyful reverence, along with an active outreach ministry to those in need," they continue before concluding, "Those who attend St. Francis Xavier call this their 'spiritual home' where all are welcome."
Katie grew up in a Catholic family before she joined Scientology after seeing Tom.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle