Nicki Minaj Releases Behind the Scenes of 'Pound the Alarm' Video
Rapper-singer Nicki Minaj hypes up the upcoming video of her latest single "Pound the Alarm" by releasing behind-the-scene footage. At the start of the 2 minute, 28 second clip, the singer who was born Onika Miraj says, " 'Pound the Alarm' video shoot, in my homeland, where I was born. We're here baby. Trinidad!"
The female rapper said on her Twitter account that the instruments in the song's chorus is what made her choose the tropical island as her video's shooting location. She was greeted by fans the moment she set foot in the airport. Fans screamed as they tried to take photos of the star when she walked towards the exit cradling a bouquet of flowers in her arms.
The music video seems to be festival themed as Nicki and her back-up dancers are shown wearing outrageous headdresses and carnival-esque outfits that are adorned with feathers and beads. The singer who is no stranger to wild outfits makes several costume changes in the video.
After wrapping the video which was shot over the July 4th weekend, Minaj tweeted, "Just wrapped an amazing video on an amazing island," and followed it with "Always bitter sweet when I have to leave my country. Had the best time of my life shooting this video. Thank you Trinidad! Next Stop: PARIS," as she left to continue her "Pink Friday" tour.
"Pound the Alarm" comes from the album "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded". Its music video is expected to premiere sometime soon.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard