Nicki Minaj Releases Behind the Scenes of 'Pound the Alarm' Video
Rapper-singer Nicki Minaj hypes up the upcoming video of her latest single "Pound the Alarm" by releasing behind-the-scene footage. At the start of the 2 minute, 28 second clip, the singer who was born Onika Miraj says, " 'Pound the Alarm' video shoot, in my homeland, where I was born. We're here baby. Trinidad!"
The female rapper said on her Twitter account that the instruments in the song's chorus is what made her choose the tropical island as her video's shooting location. She was greeted by fans the moment she set foot in the airport. Fans screamed as they tried to take photos of the star when she walked towards the exit cradling a bouquet of flowers in her arms.
The music video seems to be festival themed as Nicki and her back-up dancers are shown wearing outrageous headdresses and carnival-esque outfits that are adorned with feathers and beads. The singer who is no stranger to wild outfits makes several costume changes in the video.
After wrapping the video which was shot over the July 4th weekend, Minaj tweeted, "Just wrapped an amazing video on an amazing island," and followed it with "Always bitter sweet when I have to leave my country. Had the best time of my life shooting this video. Thank you Trinidad! Next Stop: PARIS," as she left to continue her "Pink Friday" tour.
"Pound the Alarm" comes from the album "Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded". Its music video is expected to premiere sometime soon.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3