Jessica Biel Cast as Villainess Viper in 'The Wolverine'
Jessica Biel has secured a juicy role in "The Wolverine". The 30-year-old actress has been cast as villainess Viper in the upcoming Hugh Jackman-starring Marvel movie, Deadline has confirmed.
In Marvel universe, Viper is commonly known as a foe in the Avengers and the X-Men. The villainess is known as Victoria by day and turns into Viper by night. A lover of the Silver Samurai, Viper is strongly associated with the Hand, an order of evil mystical ninja who are heavily involved in organized crime and mercenary activities.
A few days ago, it was reported that Korean-American actor Will Yun Lee has been tapped to play the Silver Samurai. Joining him as another supervillain in the movie was Brian Tee who has been picked to portray Noburo Mori, a corrupt minister of justice.
"The Wolverine" will take its cue from the early 1980s Chris Claremont/Frank Miller miniseries, which is set in Japan. It features the mutant hero dealing with ninjas as he struggles whether to follow his animal killer instincts or live under a samurai's code of honor and respect.
James Mangold has scheduled to kick off the filming in Australia this August with the film itself being slated for a July 26, 2013 release in the United States.
The forthcoming movie will be Biel's second Marvel flick after 2004's "Blade: Trinity". The Minnesota native will next be seen starring opposite Colin Farrell in "Total Recall" reboot, which will hit theaters nationwide on August 3.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic