'American Idol': Randy Jackson Might Be Mentoring, Mariah Carey Could Be Brought in
Jennifer Lopez is allegedly not the only one who's on the brink of following Steven Tyler's footsteps. Latest report on "American Idol" shake-up says that Randy Jackson is also going to step down from his role as a judge, which he has tackled since the first season.
"[Show producers] think they need to freshen everything up now," a source tells Us Weekly about the producers' move. The musician/record producer, however, may still be part of the singing competition as the source adds, "And they will move Randy into a more mentoring role."
To fill the empty spot, the producers are reportedly "in serious talks" with Mariah Carey to have her as a new judge. Claiming that the "Obsessed" hitmaker is close to sign up for the reality series, the source gushes that "it's very close to being a done deal."
While Jackson's and Lopez's future on the show remains unclear, Tyler has officially announced that he wouldn't return to the upcoming thirteenth season. "After some long...hard...thoughts...I've decided it's time for me to let go of my mistress American Idol before she boils my rabbit," he said in a statement, explaining that he would be next occupied with his project with Aerosmith.
In addition to Carey, other names who have been mentioned as possible new judges are Adam Lambert, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, will.i.am and Stacy Ferguson, while Katy Perry has made it clear that she would not be able to take the job.
More American Idol News
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'