'American Idol': Randy Jackson Might Be Mentoring, Mariah Carey Could Be Brought in
Jennifer Lopez is allegedly not the only one who's on the brink of following Steven Tyler's footsteps. Latest report on "American Idol" shake-up says that Randy Jackson is also going to step down from his role as a judge, which he has tackled since the first season.
"[Show producers] think they need to freshen everything up now," a source tells Us Weekly about the producers' move. The musician/record producer, however, may still be part of the singing competition as the source adds, "And they will move Randy into a more mentoring role."
To fill the empty spot, the producers are reportedly "in serious talks" with Mariah Carey to have her as a new judge. Claiming that the "Obsessed" hitmaker is close to sign up for the reality series, the source gushes that "it's very close to being a done deal."
While Jackson's and Lopez's future on the show remains unclear, Tyler has officially announced that he wouldn't return to the upcoming thirteenth season. "After some long...hard...thoughts...I've decided it's time for me to let go of my mistress American Idol before she boils my rabbit," he said in a statement, explaining that he would be next occupied with his project with Aerosmith.
In addition to Carey, other names who have been mentioned as possible new judges are Adam Lambert, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj, will.i.am and Stacy Ferguson, while Katy Perry has made it clear that she would not be able to take the job.
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early and Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie