Tom Cruise Denies Silencing Katie Holmes With Divorce Settlement
Tom Cruise is not hiding anything, his lawyer Bert Fields insists. The attorney dismisses rumor suggesting the actor agreed to settle his divorce with Katie Holmes in order to prevent the actress from revealing his secrets.
Bert says, "Tom had nothing to hide and did nothing in the agreement to hide anything. People are just making this stuff up." He claims the "Oblivion" actor was "pleased we could work out how Suri will be treated and dealt with."
The lawyer also denies that Tom was bitter about the situation. "I don't think Tom is bitter. He's sad it came to this," he states, before adding, "The media firestorm which is replete with bogus information is unpleasant for him."
In their settlement, Katie reportedly is given the primary custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri with generous visitation from Tom. Bert says, "Tom will definitely have a meaningful relationship with his daughter, but I can't talk about specifics of the agreement."
A lot of stories portraying Tom as the bad guy due to his fierce ties to Scientology have spread on the web since Katie filed for divorce last June 28. He remained quiet until The National Enquirer called him a "monster" and claimed Katie and Suri lived in a "house of horrors."
Through a statement issued by Bert, Tom demanded the publication to immediately retract their false report. The lawyer threatened to take legal action, defending the actor as "a caring father, a hardworking actor and, above all, an honest, decent man."
More Tom Cruise News
- Mariah Carey Sizzles in Racy Latex Outfit While Reuniting With Nick Cannon for Halloween Party
- 'The Walking Dead' Reveals Negan's Victim(s) With Brutal Twist
- 'Boo! A Madea Halloween' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Rules Overseas
- Drake Announces 'More Life' Project, Previews 4 New Songs
- Ryan Gosling Could've Starred on 'Gilmore Girls'
- Are They Dating? John Mayer Spotted Getting Close to Demi Lovato While Hanging Out in LA
- Khloe Kardashian and Lamar Odom Reach Divorce Settlement
- Justin Bieber Throws His Mic and Walks Off Stage After Getting Booed in Manchester