Tom Cruise Denies Silencing Katie Holmes With Divorce Settlement
Tom Cruise is not hiding anything, his lawyer Bert Fields insists. The attorney dismisses rumor suggesting the actor agreed to settle his divorce with Katie Holmes in order to prevent the actress from revealing his secrets.
Bert says, "Tom had nothing to hide and did nothing in the agreement to hide anything. People are just making this stuff up." He claims the "Oblivion" actor was "pleased we could work out how Suri will be treated and dealt with."
The lawyer also denies that Tom was bitter about the situation. "I don't think Tom is bitter. He's sad it came to this," he states, before adding, "The media firestorm which is replete with bogus information is unpleasant for him."
In their settlement, Katie reportedly is given the primary custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri with generous visitation from Tom. Bert says, "Tom will definitely have a meaningful relationship with his daughter, but I can't talk about specifics of the agreement."
A lot of stories portraying Tom as the bad guy due to his fierce ties to Scientology have spread on the web since Katie filed for divorce last June 28. He remained quiet until The National Enquirer called him a "monster" and claimed Katie and Suri lived in a "house of horrors."
Through a statement issued by Bert, Tom demanded the publication to immediately retract their false report. The lawyer threatened to take legal action, defending the actor as "a caring father, a hardworking actor and, above all, an honest, decent man."
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'