Tom Cruise Denies Silencing Katie Holmes With Divorce Settlement
Tom Cruise is not hiding anything, his lawyer Bert Fields insists. The attorney dismisses rumor suggesting the actor agreed to settle his divorce with Katie Holmes in order to prevent the actress from revealing his secrets.
Bert says, "Tom had nothing to hide and did nothing in the agreement to hide anything. People are just making this stuff up." He claims the "Oblivion" actor was "pleased we could work out how Suri will be treated and dealt with."
The lawyer also denies that Tom was bitter about the situation. "I don't think Tom is bitter. He's sad it came to this," he states, before adding, "The media firestorm which is replete with bogus information is unpleasant for him."
In their settlement, Katie reportedly is given the primary custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri with generous visitation from Tom. Bert says, "Tom will definitely have a meaningful relationship with his daughter, but I can't talk about specifics of the agreement."
A lot of stories portraying Tom as the bad guy due to his fierce ties to Scientology have spread on the web since Katie filed for divorce last June 28. He remained quiet until The National Enquirer called him a "monster" and claimed Katie and Suri lived in a "house of horrors."
Through a statement issued by Bert, Tom demanded the publication to immediately retract their false report. The lawyer threatened to take legal action, defending the actor as "a caring father, a hardworking actor and, above all, an honest, decent man."
More Tom Cruise News
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards