Mads Mikkelsen Confirms He Won't Be Playing 'Thor 2' Villain After All
"Thor 2" must begin its search for the villain once again. Danish actor Mads Mikkelsen has turned down the offer to play the bad guy in the upcoming Marvel movie due to scheduling conflict.
Mikkelsen, who also played the villain in 2006's James Bond film "Casino Royale", confirmed that he wouldn't take part in the "Thor" sequel due to his busy schedule on NBC's "Hannibal". He told Zoomin Movies, "Yeah, that's not happening unfortunately."
"I had a meeting with them, but they were a little too late," explained the 46-year-old acclaimed actor about why he skipped the high-profile superhero flick. "And then 'Hannibal' came in, and everything just came in the same period, so now it's not happening."
Back in May, Mikkelsen was on the headline since he was said to have been cast as a villain in "Thor 2" in addition to Loki. Details of the new villainous character are still kept under wraps, but Variety once stated that Tom Hiddleston would still have a big part as the major supervillain in the second God of Thunder movie.
Marvel Studios President of Production, Kevin Feige, denied that the new bad guy in "Thor 2" would be Thanos, who appeared in the mid-credit scene of "The Avengers". He told Empire magazine, "No, future, future. But there will be a major new villain. A major, major new antagonist..."
"Thor 2" will bring back Chris Hemsworth and Hiddleston as the titular hero and his evil brother Loki respectively. Also returning to the cast ensemble are Idris Elba as Heimdall, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, and Anthony Hopkins as Odin.
Walt Disney Pictures has scheduled to release the film in the U.S. theaters on November 15, 2013.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed