Confirmed, Henry Cavill Will Be on Hand to Promote 'Man of Steel' at Comic-Con
Superman is heading to Comic-Con this Saturday, July 14. It has been confirmed by The Hollywood Reporter that Henry Cavill will be on hand to promote "Man of Steel" during a Warner Bros. Pictures panel in Hall H on the weekend.
Though it's been announced since June that "Man of Steel" will hold a presentation at Comic-Con, it was unclear whether or not the film's leading actor would make an appearance. THR now has the words that the British actor will show up, but unfortunately he won't be joined by co-stars Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe.
Last Wednesday, Warners also announced that director Zack Snyder would attend the session and footage of the Superman movie would be screened for the audience. Warners' panel itself is scheduled to take place at 2:30-5:00 in the afternoon.
Aside from the DC film, the studio will throw presentations for Guillermo del Toro's "Pacific Rim" and Peter Jackson's "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey". Speaking of "The Hobbit", Jackson recently opened up that he would show a conventional 24fps reel at Comic-Con instead of presenting another 48fps footage just like at CinemaCon.
"I decided to screen the 'Hobbit' reel at Comic-Con in 2D and 24 frames per second, so the focus stays firmly with the content and not the technical stuff," he told Los Angeles Times' Hero Complex. "If people want 3D and 48fps, that choice will be there for them in December."
Warner Bros. will release "Man of Steel" on June 14, 2013, "Pacific Rim" on July 12 next year, and "The Hobbit" on December 14 this year.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance