Starz Develops New Shows About Vampire and Alien
Starz has announced two new projects in development. The network has tapped J. Michael Straczynski, who is best known for his works in "Thor", "Underworld: Awakening" and "Changeling", as well as "Spartacus" creator Steven S. DeKnight to write original series about vampire and alien respectively.
Straczynski teams up with Roy Lee ("The Ring", "The Woman in Black") in developing "Vlad Dracula". It is described as "a unique spin of the classic tale, blending the historical facts of the 15th century Prince of Wallachia, with the fictional Dracula whose story is known around the world and continues to fascinate audiences."
According to the cable channel, the show will trace "his evolution from a revered ruler to the world's most feared vampire, and his slow downfall as he struggles desperately to hang on to his humanity, his wife and his kingdom."
DeKnight, under his overall deal with Starz, is developing "Incursion". The epic sci-fi, action-thriller "follows a squad of soldiers caught in a war against a hostile alien race. Grittily realistic combat, darkly complex characters and intrigue on a cosmic scale will permeate the tale of fighting men and women facing the pressures of war and an enemy unlike any ever seen."
Should it see the light of the day and get more than one season, it promises to present something fresh in its each chapter by bringing the battle "on a new, exotic planet as humanity punches deeper into enemy territory."
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift