Florence and the Machine Cancel Two Concert Dates
Due to a vocal injury sustained by Florence and the Machine's lead vocalist, Florence Welch, the band have been forced to cancel two concert dates. They were scheduled to perform at the Benicassim Festival in Spain on Thursday, July 12 and the Optimus Alive Fest in Portugal on Saturday, July 14.
On Wednesday, July 11, Welch posted a note on the band's website. In it, the British singer explains, "Hello everyone, thank you so much for all your messages of support, yes its true...it finally happened, I've lost my voice."
"I've sustained a vocal injury and been told I cannot sing for a week.. seriously I felt something snap, it was very frightening," she continues before finally saying, "Unfortunately this means I will not be able to perform at Benicassim and Optimus Alive festival this weekend...I am so so sorry. I'm so sorry to all the fans, I was desperate to still perform, but was told without question not to, so as not to do permanent damage."
The missing dates will not be re-scheduled as they were part of festivals.
The Grammy-nominated group's next performance is scheduled for July 20 at Deer Lake Park in Burnaby, British Columbia which happens to be the kick-off of their North American tour.
The band also recently added an extra show which will be held at the Wells Fargo Theater in Denver on July 26. The additional show was booked after their July 25 show at the Red Rocks Amphitheater was sold out.
- Daniel Radcliffe Is 'Leaving Room' to Play 'Harry Potter' Again in the Future
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood