New 'X Factor (US)' Promos Show Tough-Talking Britney Spears and an Arrest
Britney Spears began her judging stint on "The X Factor (US)" a few months ago, but it's not until now that FOX shares footage of her in action. Giving a hint at what kind of judge she is, a new promo for the upcoming season 2 features the "Womanizer" songstress criticizing contestants' performances by saying, "You can't destroy that song sweetie," "Very predictable," "Bad to the bone," and "Definitely don't have the X factor."
In addition to the sneak-peek video that focuses on Spears' judging style, there is a new promo that gives a look at some drama on the show. A man going mad behind the stage, a fainted boy being taken care by medics, a contestant being carried on a stretcher and a man getting handcuffed are some of the unexpected moments that happen during the auditions.
"The X Factor (US)" season 2 will premiere Wednesday, September 12 at 8/7c on FOX. Spears and Demi Lovato are tapped as new judges, joining Simon Cowell and L.A. Reid.
Sources said Spears has been a tough judge with a Cowell-esque personality. However, she would rather call herself a "fair judge." She told Access Hollywood in June, "I don't think I'm the toughest judge at all ... I definitely think Simon would have to be the toughest judge."
As of late, the 30-year-old singer walked off the stage during the auditions in Greensboro, N.C. when a cross-dressing man butchered her song "(You Drive Me) Crazy". She later claimed that she was just following Lovato's lead. "I was following her. I was taking her lead. She was like, 'Let's go,' and I was like, 'Okay.' It was our break anyway. It was dinner," she said.
"I felt really uncomfortable, and I had to walk away. He [thought] that [he did] such a good job, and I felt so bad. I laughed at first, but I felt really bad," Lovato explained why she felt the need to leave the stage. Agreeing with her, Reid chimed in, "It was just horrible. He thought he was going through. He thought that the cheers were because he was doing such a great job, when the truth is he was horrific. We just couldn't take it anymore."
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle