Fan Art Poster for 'RoboCop' Remake Surfaces
A fan-made poster for Jose Padilha's "RoboCop" remake has made its way out onto the web. Found on the website Cine1, the one-sheet presents a minimalist design with no character shown in it.
Dominated with red and black colors, the poster only features the movie title and a tagline that reads, "We've Got the Future Under Control." The slogan is the same as the one that is seen in the previously released viral campaign for OmniCorp.
In another news related to the "RoboCop" reboot, it has been confirmed that Studiocanal has obtained the rights to distribute the upcoming sci-fier in the U.K., France and Germany. "We have been admirers of the director Jose Padilha since we first saw and distributed the award winning 'Elite Squad' in the United Kingdom," said Studiocanal CEO Olivier Courson.
"As film fans, we cannot wait to see his vision of this new RoboCop with such an incredible cast, including Gary Oldman, Joel Kinnaman and Samuel L. Jackson and with producers like Marc Abraham and Eric Newman," Courson continued.
First introduced to Hollywood by director Paul Verhoeven in 1987, "RoboCop" follows a cop who is brought back from the brink of death in the form of a cyborg with no memories of his prior life. The script of the upcoming reboot, which is slated for a August 9, 2013 release in the U.S., is written by Josh Zetumer.
UPDATE (July 13, 2012 05:46 GMT): As requested by Sony Pictures, the title of the article has been updated following a confirmation that the "RoboCop" poster was a fan made and was not officially released by the studio.
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie