TNT Renews 'Falling Skies' for Third Season
"Falling Skies" has secured a third season renewal from TNT. After airing five episodes of the second season, the network announced that it has ordered ten new episodes from the post-apocalyptic drama series which will premiere sometime in 2013.
The sci-fi series currently averages 5.9 million viewers and is ranked as basic cable's No. 1 summer drama among adults 18-49. In a press release, Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM), said, "Falling Skies is television storytelling at its very best, a powerful drama that's told on both an epic scale and on a deeply personal level."
He added, "With all the memorable and surprising moments taking place during the second season of Falling Skies, we can't wait to see what DreamWorks Television and Falling Skies' terrific production team and cast members have in store for season three."
"Falling Skies" joins "Southland", "Rizzoli & Isles" and "Dallas" which have been renewed for a new season each by the cable channel.
- Tom Holland Lands Lead Role in Video Game Adaptation 'Uncharted'
- Katy Perry Unmasks Her Real Self in 'Witness' Video Teaser
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS