TNT Renews 'Falling Skies' for Third Season
"Falling Skies" has secured a third season renewal from TNT. After airing five episodes of the second season, the network announced that it has ordered ten new episodes from the post-apocalyptic drama series which will premiere sometime in 2013.
The sci-fi series currently averages 5.9 million viewers and is ranked as basic cable's No. 1 summer drama among adults 18-49. In a press release, Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM), said, "Falling Skies is television storytelling at its very best, a powerful drama that's told on both an epic scale and on a deeply personal level."
He added, "With all the memorable and surprising moments taking place during the second season of Falling Skies, we can't wait to see what DreamWorks Television and Falling Skies' terrific production team and cast members have in store for season three."
"Falling Skies" joins "Southland", "Rizzoli & Isles" and "Dallas" which have been renewed for a new season each by the cable channel.
- Beyonce Is Performing at the 2016 MTV VMAs, MTV Confirms
- Britney Spears Reveals Her Desire to Collaborate With Ex Justin Timberlake
- Mariah Carey's Estranged Sister Busted for Prostitution
- Video: Jennifer Lopez Reunites With Ex Marc Anthony on Stage After Casper Smart Split
- Adam Levine Dresses Up as Pokemon-Like Monster for Maroon 5 Music Video Shoot
- Watch: Thor Hilariously Explains Why He Is Absent From 'Captain America: Civil War'
- Do These Pictures Show Justin Bieber Having Sex With Sofia Richie?
- Rihanna to Open 2016 MTV Video Music Awards