TNT Renews 'Falling Skies' for Third Season
"Falling Skies" has secured a third season renewal from TNT. After airing five episodes of the second season, the network announced that it has ordered ten new episodes from the post-apocalyptic drama series which will premiere sometime in 2013.
The sci-fi series currently averages 5.9 million viewers and is ranked as basic cable's No. 1 summer drama among adults 18-49. In a press release, Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM), said, "Falling Skies is television storytelling at its very best, a powerful drama that's told on both an epic scale and on a deeply personal level."
He added, "With all the memorable and surprising moments taking place during the second season of Falling Skies, we can't wait to see what DreamWorks Television and Falling Skies' terrific production team and cast members have in store for season three."
"Falling Skies" joins "Southland", "Rizzoli & Isles" and "Dallas" which have been renewed for a new season each by the cable channel.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story