TNT Renews 'Falling Skies' for Third Season
"Falling Skies" has secured a third season renewal from TNT. After airing five episodes of the second season, the network announced that it has ordered ten new episodes from the post-apocalyptic drama series which will premiere sometime in 2013.
The sci-fi series currently averages 5.9 million viewers and is ranked as basic cable's No. 1 summer drama among adults 18-49. In a press release, Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM), said, "Falling Skies is television storytelling at its very best, a powerful drama that's told on both an epic scale and on a deeply personal level."
He added, "With all the memorable and surprising moments taking place during the second season of Falling Skies, we can't wait to see what DreamWorks Television and Falling Skies' terrific production team and cast members have in store for season three."
"Falling Skies" joins "Southland", "Rizzoli & Isles" and "Dallas" which have been renewed for a new season each by the cable channel.
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!