TNT Renews 'Falling Skies' for Third Season
"Falling Skies" has secured a third season renewal from TNT. After airing five episodes of the second season, the network announced that it has ordered ten new episodes from the post-apocalyptic drama series which will premiere sometime in 2013.
The sci-fi series currently averages 5.9 million viewers and is ranked as basic cable's No. 1 summer drama among adults 18-49. In a press release, Michael Wright, president and head of programming for TNT, TBS and Turner Classic Movies (TCM), said, "Falling Skies is television storytelling at its very best, a powerful drama that's told on both an epic scale and on a deeply personal level."
He added, "With all the memorable and surprising moments taking place during the second season of Falling Skies, we can't wait to see what DreamWorks Television and Falling Skies' terrific production team and cast members have in store for season three."
"Falling Skies" joins "Southland", "Rizzoli & Isles" and "Dallas" which have been renewed for a new season each by the cable channel.
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates