Zsa Zsa Gabor's Husband Named Her Temporary Conservator by Judge
Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband Prinz Frederic von Anhalt and the ailing actress' only daughter Constance Francesca Gabor Hilton reached agreement in a battle over who's going to oversee the 95-year-old's finances and medical care. In a hearing on Wednesday, July 11, judge named von Anhalt the actress' temporary conservator.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Reva Goetz, who also oversaw Britney Spears' conservatorship, allowed von Anhalt to manage Gabor's affairs for six months and ordered him to hand in monthly financial and medical reports to her daughter's lawyer during the period. His conservatorship efforts will be evaluated by the judge in a hearing set on January 9, 2013.
Constance Hilton fought for Gabor's conservatoship, claiming her mother was "increasingly isolated" and "heavily sedated" while under the care of 69-year-old von Anhalt. She also accused him of mishandling the actress' finances and asked for more time with her mother. In the Wednesday ruling, she's granted weekly visits without his presence.
"Victory!" von Anhalt said outside the courthouse. Hilton, who is Gabor's child from her marriage to Conrad Hilton, said she just wanted to "protect my mother and me." Her lawyer Kenneth Kossoff additionally stated his client only wanted to "make sure Zsa Zsa's money is used for Zsa Zsa's benefit and not for anybody's birthday party, billboards or mayoral campaign."
Gabor has been confined to her home after having a hip replacement surgery and having her right leg amputated. She was described as being "bedbound, unable to hear or see clearly, unable to respond or answer questions, becomes agitated when outside of familiar environment" by Dr. Debra Judelson during the court hearing.
Known for her beauty in her younger days, Gabor was married to a string of wealthy husbands before tying the knot with von Anhalt. Although he was granted power to make spending decisions with some of her money, von Anhalt must get court approval to access one bank account and is not allowed to sell her Bel Air mansion which is worth more than $10 million.
Both von Anhalt and 65-year-old Constance Hilton attended the hearing, but did not address the court.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch