First Footage of 'Oz: The Great and Powerful' Offers First Look at Mila Kunis
Before heading to Comic-Con, fans could have a chance to see a first behind-the-scene footage from "Oz: The Great and Powerful", thanks to ET Online. Not only does the video tease the fantasy world in the movie, but it also reveals a first look at one of its leading actors, Mila Kunis.
Portraying a witch named Theodora, Kunis is seen sporting a classy creme-colored outfit complete with a wide round red hat. Along with James Franco, the "Black Swan" actress is seen filming a scene where they ride a carriage in the Land of Oz. A number of extras dressing in fancy colorful costumes are also featured in the sneak peek.
Kunis shares that she's read L. Frank Baum's famous book "The Wizard of Oz" during her childhood in Russia. "I do think it captures the magic of the original," she gushes about the upcoming movie. "But it's completely different. In my opinion, a little bit darker, a little more grounded. There is no singing, there is no dancing."
Franco also explains a little bit about the Sam Raimi-directed fantasy movie as saying, "In the original L. Frank Baum books, there are many witches and creatures, many more than were in the original [Wizard of Oz]." He adds, "This Oz is a little different. You get to see a lot more of who this Oz is.. The search for [his heart] is one of the main themes of this movie."
Due in the U.S. on March 8., 2013, "Oz: The Great and Powerful" imagines the origins of Baum's beloved character, the Wizard of Oz. When Franco's Oscar Diggs, a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he's hit the jackpot.
However, that only lasts until he meets three witches, Theodora, Evanora and Glinda, who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone's been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it's too late.
The film, which is also supported by Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams, Joey King and Abigail Spencer, is scheduled to throw a presentation during a Walt Disney Pictures panel in Comic-Con's Hall H on Thursday, July 12. The studio promises to unveil a special look at the world of "Oz: The Great and Powerful" with director Raimi in attendance.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'