Run DMC to Reunite at Fun Fun Fun Fest in November
The legendary Hip-Hop group Run DMC are reuniting to perform at the Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin, Texas later this year. The surviving members of the group, Joseph "Run" Simmons and Darryl "D.M.C." McDaniels, will headline the main stage of the festival which will run from November 2 to 4.
Their appearance at the festival is the group's first gig together since 2002, the year when they broke up after the death of their DJ and producer Jason "Jam Master Jay" Mizell.
"We couldn't be more excited. Run DMC is one of our favorite bands, and one of the most influential groups of all time," said James Moody, festival producer, about the hip-hip pioneers. "We never thought that we would get to see [them] play live, much less play in Austin at our festival."
The organizer is working with the group to donate a portion of the proceeds to the JMJ Foundation for Music. The foundation makes it possible for children and young adults to access the arts regardless of their socio-economic status.
Some other festival performers were announced via YouTube on Tuesday, July 10. They include Rakim, Against Me!, The Head and the Heart, Atlas Sound, Danny Brown, and Bob Mould. The full lineup will be announced on July 12, Thursday.
This year's festival will mark its seventh incarnation. It features artists from the hip-hop, heavy metal, indie-alternative, and comedy genres.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered