Run DMC to Reunite at Fun Fun Fun Fest in November
The legendary Hip-Hop group Run DMC are reuniting to perform at the Fun Fun Fun Fest in Austin, Texas later this year. The surviving members of the group, Joseph "Run" Simmons and Darryl "D.M.C." McDaniels, will headline the main stage of the festival which will run from November 2 to 4.
Their appearance at the festival is the group's first gig together since 2002, the year when they broke up after the death of their DJ and producer Jason "Jam Master Jay" Mizell.
"We couldn't be more excited. Run DMC is one of our favorite bands, and one of the most influential groups of all time," said James Moody, festival producer, about the hip-hip pioneers. "We never thought that we would get to see [them] play live, much less play in Austin at our festival."
The organizer is working with the group to donate a portion of the proceeds to the JMJ Foundation for Music. The foundation makes it possible for children and young adults to access the arts regardless of their socio-economic status.
Some other festival performers were announced via YouTube on Tuesday, July 10. They include Rakim, Against Me!, The Head and the Heart, Atlas Sound, Danny Brown, and Bob Mould. The full lineup will be announced on July 12, Thursday.
This year's festival will mark its seventh incarnation. It features artists from the hip-hop, heavy metal, indie-alternative, and comedy genres.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic