Warner Bros. to Announce Next DC Films Soon, May Release 'Justice League' in 2015
Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Entertainment apparently have already prepared a number of new movies after "The Dark Knight Rises". Warners' film group President Jeff Robinov revealed that the studio will announce its upcoming comic book movies real soon.
"My hope is that over the next month or so, we'll be ready to lay out the plan for the next DC movies," Robinov told Los Angeles Times. The upcoming announcement will likely involve confirmation on whether or not Warners/DC will make the big screen take on Aquaman, Flash and Wonder Woman.
Before moving on to further projects, the studio is already developing "Man of Steel" and "Justice League". While the Superman movie is slated for a June 14, 2013 release in the U.S., the superhero ensemble film still hasn't got its release date. Though so, L.A. Times stated that the long-awaited film might be released nationwide sometime in 2015.
Speaking about "Justice League", Robinov weighed in on Christopher Nolan's recent statement that he wouldn't be involved in the forthcoming ensemble movie. Robinov admitted that Warners actually hoped that Nolan would agree to helm the long-gestating project. "It was a conversation we had," the President said. "Obviously anything you can get Chris involved in is great."
Previously, Nolan had said "No" to the chance to direct "Justice League". He claimed, "No, none at all. We're finished with all we're doing with Batman. This is the end of our take on this character," before adding, "I've got no plans to do anything more, and certainly, no involvement with any Justice League project."
Warners has been developing "Justice League" for several years. At first, the studio chose George Miller as the director with Kieran and Michele Mulroney penning the script. The initial plan was to tap Adam Brody as the Flash, Megan Gale as Wonder Woman, and then-newcomer Armie Hammer as Batman.
More Justice League News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance