Katie Holmes Using Disposable Phone to Fool Tom Cruise
How did Katie Holmes keep her divorce plan from Tom Cruise? According to Los Angeles Times, the actress used a disposable cellphone to contact her lawyers and build her case without the "Rock of Ages" actor knowing about her plan.
The phone reportedly was provided by Katie's friend, and she used it to hire attorneys from three law firms in three different states. Tom indeed said he felt blindsided when she filed for divorce on June 28 and sought sole custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri.
In her filing, Katie stated she and Tom have grown apart since last year. In a pre-divorce interview with ELLE, she did give hint at entering "a new phase." She explained, "I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that."
Knowing that their little girl would be the one hurt the most if the proceedings went to court and got messy, the couple tried to resolve their issues out of court and finally reached a win-win solution over the weekend. According to PEOPLE, Katie will live primarily with Suri with generous visitation by Cruise.
"We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents," they said in a joint statement.
More Katie Holmes News
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'