Katie Holmes Using Disposable Phone to Fool Tom Cruise
How did Katie Holmes keep her divorce plan from Tom Cruise? According to Los Angeles Times, the actress used a disposable cellphone to contact her lawyers and build her case without the "Rock of Ages" actor knowing about her plan.
The phone reportedly was provided by Katie's friend, and she used it to hire attorneys from three law firms in three different states. Tom indeed said he felt blindsided when she filed for divorce on June 28 and sought sole custody of their 6-year-old daughter Suri.
In her filing, Katie stated she and Tom have grown apart since last year. In a pre-divorce interview with ELLE, she did give hint at entering "a new phase." She explained, "I know who I am and where I am and where I want to go, so I want to focus on that."
Knowing that their little girl would be the one hurt the most if the proceedings went to court and got messy, the couple tried to resolve their issues out of court and finally reached a win-win solution over the weekend. According to PEOPLE, Katie will live primarily with Suri with generous visitation by Cruise.
"We are committed to working together as parents to accomplish what is in our daughter Suri's best interests. We want to keep matters affecting our family private and express our respect for each other's commitment to each of our respective beliefs and support each other's roles as parents," they said in a joint statement.
More Katie Holmes News
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?